Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Gettis Practicing Again

65 posts in this topic

Posted

Just go back and watch the tape he is good I am excited for gettis.

Gettis runs deep vertical routes well....and is good when he gets a step on someone.

As a rookie, LaFell looked more complete, used his body better and was more diverse in routes.

I like Gettis but what exactly can he do better than Murphy?

Posted

IF he comes back healthy we will under-utilize him

Posted

We need some kind of boost to this offense.

Posted

Gettis ain't gonna play

Posted

smitty has lost a step, and lafell has his strengths but beating guys deep isn't one of them.

i wouldn't underestimate what a deep threat like gettis could do to open things up for everything else on this offense.

2 people like this

Posted

This will have no impact on the season. It'll take weeks before he can even see the field.

I know right. People are like Gettis is back and the season is saved. Murphy is garbage all of a sudden and he is going to push Lafell. How easily people forget that Gettis was underwhelming last training camp just like Lafell and they brought in that human pylon Nanee. Murphy has game and he would perform if our passing game was creative.

Posted

I know right. People are like Gettis is back and the season is saved. Murphy is garbage all of a sudden and he is going to push Lafell. How easily people forget that Gettis was underwhelming last training camp just like Lafell and they brought in that human pylon Nanee. Murphy has game and he would perform if our passing game was creative.

I wanna say Gettis went down in the first week. Didn't get a real chance to not be underwhelming last year.

Posted

I wanna say Gettis went down in the first week. Didn't get a real chance to not be underwhelming last year.

Did they or did they not sign Legadon't before Gettis got hurt in training camp? When they signed him, Rivera said that he did not like what he was getting from Gettis and Lafell. So yeah, he had a chance to be underwhelming.

Posted

I'm not optimistic about his future

Agreed. Though I hope I am wrong.

Posted

Did they or did they not sign Legadon't before Gettis got hurt in training camp? When they signed him, Rivera said that he did not like what he was getting from Gettis and Lafell. So yeah, he had a chance to be underwhelming.

so they moved one of those "underwhelming" guys to the #2 reciever why? If we are saying gettis and lafell are at the same level i dont see why they would cut him. Get a better argument and come back.

Posted

so they moved one of those "underwhelming" guys to the #2 reciever why? If we are saying gettis and lafell are at the same level i dont see why they would cut him. Get a better argument and come back.

They cut Legs because Lafell stepped up last season and Legs didn't perform as well. He got cut because we saw a chance at other guys, like Murphy.

Gettis isn't at Lafell's level right now. Gettis hasn't played in a couple years. As of this minute, Lafell > Gettis, just based on production. If Gettis sees the field and outperforms Lafell, that will change. If Gettis can't get his job back from Murphy though, then Gettis is gone.

1 person likes this

Posted

He will fit in just like Tolbert has.

God the negativity is hard to shake.

I mean....He'll be great!

Most relaxed weekend in over a year. :)