Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers sign C Thomas Austin

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Internet gangsta...

Fa sho

Posted · Report post

Ah, from Clemson. So Hurney or JR saw him on TV a few years ago and remembers him. Great.

Posted · Report post

At least we'll have time to practice and find out who fits where...

The way the league is now, the bye week gives time to rest, but not really more practice time. I think the players are off until Tuesday and many are on mini-vacations.

Byes give the coaches more time to prepare, but that's about it.

Posted · Report post

That's what I meant, who was Kalil's backup, I assumed Hangman... who goes to RG now?

They need to move Bell despite playing well and insert Campbell. Weak G play is killing us. I actually think Cam can work around weak T play than G play. He likes to sit in the pocket

Posted · Report post

They need to move Bell despite playing well and insert Campbell. Weak G play is killing us. I actually think Cam can work around weak T play than G play. He likes to sit in the pocket

Yeah I think you're probably right... Give him time to step up.

Posted · Report post

I'm wondering how common it is for a team to squirrel away a center on their practice squad? Might be that he's pretty good and that was the best way for the Pats to kind of hold on to him.

With the history of the Pats and their "nack" for finding unkown guys that perform - I'm rather comfortable with this pick up. Might not start immediately, but once Cam is familiar with him, might provide some "beef" up front and shore up the protection and run blocking.

Posted · Report post

The way the league is now, the bye week gives time to rest, but not really more practice time. I think the players are off until Tuesday and many are on mini-vacations.

Byes give the coaches more time to prepare, but that's about it.

Yeah, thats true but I'm sure that their will be some practice time in there...somewhere

Posted · Report post

Huh? How does he sit in the pocket while running the read option more than 50% of the time?

Posted · Report post

Internet gangsta...

I was thinking thug

Posted · Report post

Huh? How does he sit in the pocket while running the read option more than 50% of the time?

Um....you do realize we pass more than run on offense. You do realize we pass out of read option looks heavily? Newton constantly has his pocket disrupted by poor G play. He is a pocket passer who runs. He can move in the pocket with poor T play....see last year. He can't with poor G play

Posted · Report post

Austin 3:16

Posted · Report post

Um....you do realize we pass more than run on offense. You do realize we pass out of read option looks heavily? Newton constantly has his pocket disrupted by poor G play. He is a pocket passer who runs. He can move in the pocket with poor T play....see last year. He can't with poor G play

Not questioning the fact the Panthers pass more than run. Not questioning the poor guard play and that he constantly has to move to create space. But I respectfully disagree that he passes from the pocket more than he moves out of it and tries to throw..

I think he could be a very good pocket passer. I think he could be a very good passer if moves out of the pocket and has the opportunity to set his feet. I think he's a terrible passer on the run or when he's being pushed away from the pocket. At that point it's probably best he become a running back and just take the hits.