Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So....here are my thoughts

95 posts in this topic

Posted

show me your boobies

1 person likes this

Posted

Is it bad i still think we're going to the play-offs?

Posted

show me your boobies

My assumption is that you do not care that I think your response is disgusting.

4 people like this

Posted

We are are few mistakes every game from having a prestigious franchise.

Posted

Regarding poor tackling ( and the general poor fundamentals). How do players get to the NFL and not know how to tackle???? I mean they were the best of the high school players, the best of the college players, and the few who made it to the NFL? I do not understand why an NFL coach has to teach defenders how to tackle? I understand the game is different, bigger, stronger, faster....but what did these guys do in practice? And we are not talking about all rookies.

To answer this part I'll say you kind of answered your own question. Good form tackling isn't something that's common (relative to the NFL anyway) among players at the collegiate level because a lot of the time the guy you're pursuing is some 5'9'' 185 lb running back from like Oshkosh State or something. Then the next year you're a rookie going up against a 5'11' 234 lb starting running back who is actually faster and more explosive. I think part of it as well is that we still have cover 2 type linebackers, which are much smaller and better suited for covering than being downhill thumpers. With smallish linebackers, you generally want to keep them clean so they can at least contest the ball carrier and not have to fight off blocks seeing as how they're not even 240. Our interior line is still pitiful at controlling the gaps at the line so...

4 people like this

Posted

agreed on most of that...esp. that maybe rivera put too much trust in his coordinators. they need discipline and focus and he needs to give it to them.

both chud and mcd are smart guys, but they are also young and relatively inexperienced in their coordinator jobs. they need him to reign them in. it's his job to make sure that they are doing theirs. if he can't do that then he needs to move on as do they.

i think you're also right in that the dallas game is going to tell us a lot about this team...more so than the first five.

they screwed the pooch the first few games in a lot of areas. made a lot of mistakes. that happens, though. what matters is what you do with those mistakes. you either get better or you get worse. if they don't get better i have very little faith that they can at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me make this clear... I don't care anymore what the fuggin problems are or how they fix them... I want to see Wins....

That's all I care about is Wins... Winning cures everything. Just win

Absolutely sick and tired of being mediocre! Why even tease us with that offense last season?

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, I think if you collectively look at the last couple years in regards to tackling.....we have CBs essentially playing S. CBs aren't tacklers. That is an issue.

Godfrey leads all secondary players in missed tackles....and it isn't a new trend.

Beason? Well, recovering from his injury couples with new ones explains a lot. I get it....just don't get why they put so much on him.

Beason and Godfrey combined are what makes us collectively stand out IMO in that area.

I was a big Rivera fan....but he isn't improving. That concerns me. From a pure game management standpoint he struggled last year.....still struggling. I don't think that can be explained away as just being a green HC.....when we have seen the league full of green HCs in recent years

2 people like this

Posted

I was a big Rivera fan....but he isn't improving. That concerns me. From a pure game management standpoint he struggled last year.....still struggling. I don't think that can be explained away as just being a green HC.....when we have seen the league full of green HCs in recent years

That's why my position is 1 more game.

Posted

To start....for you non readers, who like to write tldr....just skip to the last 2 paragraphs. I don't understand why some like to insult thoughtful posters who have a lot to say with that remark.

Good write up! As a fan of this team, I totally agree with what you wrote and how you feel.

I think a lot of Cam's regression, is also partly Chud's fault. DEF have a year of tape on us, and Chud is not game planning properly IMO. I feel at times that there is no plan B with Chud. I see other teams on the horn with there QB's or even their WR's when plays go bad, I never seen Cam or Smith on the phone talking to Chud. If Cam isnt taking what the DEF gives him, and is holding on to the ball, I would think we would correct this in game, not 6 games into the season. There is no way Cam goes 3 and a half QTRS and dont connect with Olsen. What is Chud watching when he is up in the box?

Same goes for the DEF, when we were playing soft vs the Giants, It seems they never coached the DB's to play tighter coverage. Same goes with Nakamura playing too deep. They just let Eli chip away at us all night long and we never adjusted to it. I mean we played tighter towards the Red Zone, but not when we had the Giants in their own territory. I remember RR mentioning that he felt we played too soft vs the Gaints. But he didn't adjust the game plan, or even coach up the players to play tighter. If the players played soft, that means they were coached to play soft. Its like RR lets this poo game plan go on during the games, and then wants to fix the issues during next training camp.

I hope JR lights a fire under RR, I dont see him getting fired after this season, I could see McDumbnutz get the axe as a scapegoat and maybe even Chud. But firing a HC after 2 years might be a little premature.

I cant stand looking at another 1-4 record again. These last 3 years have been so painful to watch. I just hope we can bounce back and be a contender again. I hate being bottom feeders in the NFL, let alone in the NFCS.

2 people like this

Posted

To answer this part I'll say you kind of answered your own question. Good form tackling isn't something that's common (relative to the NFL anyway) among players at the collegiate level because a lot of the time the guy you're pursuing is some 5'9'' 185 lb running back from like Oshkosh State or something. Then the next year you're a rookie going up against a 5'11' 234 lb starting running back who is actually faster and more explosive. I think part of it as well is that we still have cover 2 type linebackers, which are much smaller and better suited for covering than being downhill thumpers. With smallish linebackers, you generally want to keep them clean so they can at least contest the ball carrier and not have to fight off blocks seeing as how they're not even 240. Our interior line is still pitiful at controlling the gaps at the line so...

one thing that isn't helping their transition to the NFL is the new CBA rules on contact during practice. tackling is going to get worse before it gets better and not just here.

your comments about having smaller LBs is also true with regards to the safeties. the cover 2 LBs are actually about the size our safeties need to be. TD would be just about perfect.