94 replies to this topic

#91 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

There once was a time when rookie QB's rode the pine for awhile, carrying that clipboard, and - if nothing else - saw what it was to act and lead like a starting QB. Brady, E Manning, Rogers, Phillips, Schaub, Romo did not start their 1st year. Just in the last 3 years have more rookie QB's started from the 1st game. And, as ladypanther says, there is a learning curve and that curve is more steep for some than for others. Some, such as J Russell or Young, never get to the top of that curve. More than ever it takes patience of everyone involved. It's not Madden, it's not FF. It's a game played by men one day a week for 16 weeks. Period. That's one day to see if what you changed will pan out, if what you practiced all week will work, if what you saw on film really happens.

How I feel is in my control and I'm at a place of optimistic patience. lol it may be eternal :angel: lol but it is my place.

btw i love these new smileys

Great post!

I can't find the quote, but Rivera did say early on that rookie QB's should sit....I think at least for a year.

So, Cam was forced on because of him being the #1 pick (by the FO, which I think is unlikely) or because of a lack of other talent at the QB position. With Anderson's history with Chud...that would also surprise me.

So, I have myself very confused.

#92 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

My guess is that being the #1 pick the pressure was on to start Cam. Add to that is that Cam really impressed the coaches in the short time they had to evaluate him in 2011 because of the lock out. And that he was at the stadium on that one single day when the lockout was lifted so they could give him a playbook, such as it was. There had to be more than one factor in the decision to start him right away.

#93 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,668 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

Rookie QBs don't need to sit for a year

Eli Manning started games his rookie season. Yes there is a learning curve but it's better to get the wrinkles out when you're still young. Only if you have like the 2002 Texans' offensive line is it a good idea to sit rookies.

#94 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Rookie QBs don't need to sit for a year

Eli Manning started games his rookie season. Yes there is a learning curve but it's better to get the wrinkles out when you're still young. Only if you have like the 2002 Texans' offensive line is it a good idea to sit rookies.

Eh - it's situational.

In our case he couldn't really have sat for a year because there wasn't anyone sitting behind him that was even close to as capable in the real world. But if there had been an option on the roster it wouldn't have hurt him to sit for a year. Maybe he would have been able to work out some of the mechanical idiosyncrasies in his game without being in games to develop bad habits at the same time.

#95 rdog157h

rdog157h

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

People quit saying "Stoic" ! I realize some of you learned a new word and that's great! But come on enough of that word!! Say statue like or emotionless or any other word! But God Dammit quit the copy paste "Stoic" word!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com