Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else tired of Smitty?

156 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yes. I tired of a guy who wants to win and has been the heart and soul of this team for years... Jesus our fans whine to much

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yes. I tired of a guy who wants to win and has been the heart and soul of this team for years... Jesus our fans whine to much

Most players want to win....

The routine is old that just bc a WR can play great.....that it somehow means he has no flaws and can't often have a negative impact. Smitty is like many in that regard.

And he has hurt us just as much as helped the past 3 weeks....just reality. He doesn't get a pass bc of something he did another season

Posted · Report post

you could say the same for kasay

Posted · Report post

TC, in 2004 and 5 were u spewing the same bs? Smith has always strated fights but u just seem to be a fairwether fan. Shut the fug up

Posted · Report post

You aren't giving Delhomme enough credit. Pre-Tommy John he wasn't average at best.....your Smitty man love and AZ is clouding your judgement.

Smitty didn't make Delhomme....Delhomme's career high in yards and TDs both occured in 2004 WITHOUT Smith. Jake could play.

Lol There's no Smitty man love goin on here. I'd prefer he channeled some of that frustration into catching the balls that ARE thrown his way and not playing UFC wanna be over by the sidelines. Or better yet, instead of chewing out Cam, go light into the clown that's running this circus.

Maybe I was a little harsh on Delhomme but I used to cringe when he threw the ball. I remember many circus catches on horrible throws. And he did have Muhammad, Proehl and Goings stepped up in a big way that year.

Let's say a little above average

Posted · Report post

Jesus our fans whine to much

Yeah, you're right.

Posted · Report post

^ there's a difference between sarcasm/joking and seriousness.

Posted · Report post

^ there's a difference between sarcasm/joking and seriousness.

I know. I just found it a bit ironic.

Posted · Report post

Yes, I am getting sick of him and his retirement talk. Just retire already. This is Cam's team. Smitty wants to pick fights with everybody now it seems. You can see the frustration building, which is exactly the opposite of what you want in a veteran who is supposed to be a leader. You want calm, cool, collected, and focused with a positive disposition.

What is it Steve Smith? You see Cam's clothing line, his swag, his youth, his abilities, his charm, etc and feel a little envy? So now you're going to tell him to force you the ball and throw a fit when he doesn't? Cam is going to win with or without Steve.

Posted · Report post

Uh, no... I wish the rest of the team would follow his lead and set a physical tone like he does. IMO, you still don't see enough competitive nastiness in this team.

Believe me, getting slammed on your back and pinned by Smitty in the 1st quarter is a humbling experience... he's setting the "rules and regulations" early.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Uh, no... I wish the rest of the team would follow his lead and set a physical tone like he does. IMO, you still don't see enough competitive nastiness in this team.

totally agreed.

Posted · Report post

Rules Of Being a Steve Smith Fan.

1. Steve Smith does no wrong.....ever. If you think he did, you are not a fan.

2. If Steve Smith actually did something wrong, it is because he has heart and wants to win, or the teammates were sucking so it doesnt matter.

3. He can make a douche QB look good except for Clausen that guy didn't count.

4. Delhomme should give his lifetime savings to Smith.

5. If you are a leader Steve Smith, it is ok to berate under performing players.

6. Steve Smith is a first ballot Hall of Famer even though reality is he may not even get in.