• 2,002 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

HELL NO!

#17 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Nope, not tired of Smitty at all. The "calling out Cam" wasn't a big deal. That's what a team leader is supposed to do. He was asked about it, and he answered honestly. Fighting with DBs? The only time I thought it was excessive and detrimental/over the line was against Seattle. poo happens. Lack of production? Who exactly is producing right now other than Olsen (half the time)? Smitty had a few good games, and 1 or 2 where he didn't do much. Not getting TDs doesn't mean he isn't producing. Yea, he's had a couple of stupid drops, I blame the system. Seems to have thrown everyone out of whack, from the RBs fumbling to Cam getting sacked so much and throwing so off target (against Seattle), everything about the Offense is not where it's supposed to be right now.

#18 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

The 'fans' of this team crack me up sometimes.

#19 rdog157h

rdog157h

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

I agree with the OP! He has been grabbing/fighting DB's since pre season against Miami! At the time I thought it was because of the Scab Ref's not flagging him. But now I think it has more to do with the Country Club atmosphere Rivera has introduced! I heard one of the CLT radio hosts, and I forget who sorry, but he said it is like a Country Club in the locker room these days! Think Rex Ryan and the Jets! We have no leader!

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

i wonder if rivera needs to have a mr. mopeyhead talk with mr. chippypants

#21 YoureWelcome

YoureWelcome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

this thread sucks. who could ever get tired of smitty?

#22 albiechaser

albiechaser

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

No freeking way, love smitty. best play maker we got, sure hope by the time Cam develops he's still here.
this team is getting hard to watch, same plays, same results,

#23 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Steve is Steve, gotta take the bad with the good or don't take him at all. I'll keep him.

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,148 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

I'd like for him to channel his energies into not fumbling

#25 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

Steve is Steve.

The end is nearer than some think though....overall, Smitty has played bad by his standards. Most of it also can't be pinned on his QB either.

#26 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

I know this probably wont go over well but I am starting to get a little tired of Smitty. He acts like a 5 year old that throws temper tantrums and is off his meds. It seems like every game he is starting a fight and is always wrestling on the ground with a opposing DB. Then you have the fiasco of him calling out Cam publicly after the Giants game. I know this part isnt entirely his fault but here we are heading imto game 6 and he doesnt have a single TD yet, not one! I am actually shocked he hasnt been flagged once yet for unsportsman like conduct with all the fights he starts. He might be a proven vet and I can accept him being just a little scrappy but lately it seems like he cares more about starting a fight.

No. This team needs 52 more smitties IMO.

#27 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

I love Smitty, but Im with CRA, hes having a lackluster year (drops, no TDs thru 6 weeks, fanning flamez at our QB). If he cant step up and play better maybe he should retire. Im tired pf long time vets who arent helping us win get passes for it.

#28 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

He has always wore his emotions on his sleeve.I do not think he is calling out anyone ...I think he is trying to motivate him.

#29 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

i wonder if rivera needs to have a mr. mopeyhead talk with mr. chippypants

still laughing

#30 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

He has always wore his emotions on his sleeve.I do not think he is calling out anyone ...I think he is trying to motivate him.

But it cant be all excused as wanting to motivate Clausen in 2010 or Cam in 2012.....he showed his immaturity in it all as well.

Cant excuse all behavior based on where it may be rooted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com