Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niner National

Blue Line Extension to Receive Full Funding On October 16th

33 posts in this topic

A monroe road line would be awesome.

<<Can walk to monroe rd/downtown matthews from my house

Mass transportation is for transportation, not urban development, although it's a nice side effect. The extension of the blue line makes sense but I want the silver line - 1. it'd be very effective 2. it'd directly benefit me and I'm selfish.

2 people like this

Yeah a train from the Airport to downtown would trump everything

Yeah a train from the Airport to downtown would trump everything

It'd be nice but it really wouldn't have much impact on traffic. It'd move people from the airport to Uptown and probably put the cab companies that barely survive in Charlotte out of business.

People on the west side are not really clogging up our roads during rush hour because few people on that side of town work 9-5 jobs in Uptown or Ballantyne.

Despite that, I'd still love to see an airport line because I'd love to be able to walk to the train station, hop on a train to the airport, and get on my flight without having to deal with parking my car or paying for days of parking.

Anyway, I'm just glad to see that the line is being funded. I hope more follow it in the future. The Blue Line thus far has exceeded ridership projections and with all the new projects being announced, its use will only grow more.

Waiting for the Wilmington Line so I can go to more tailgates...

2 people like this

Waiting for the Wilmington Line so I can go to more tailgates...

The going rate based on the budget is $123 million per mile of tracks. Got 24 billion dollars? (And some environmental variances?)

The going rate based on the budget is $123 million per mile of tracks. Got 24 billion dollars? (And some environmental variances?)

:lol: 123 mill per mile? Wow...smh

That's actually less than I would have guessed.

The cost would be a lot lower though in undeveloped areas. The south line would have cost a lot more than it did if most of it were running through the median of like the extension is.

N. Tryon is going to be a clusterfug while construction is going on.

:lol: 123 mill per mile? Wow...smh

Only $1947 per inch.

Wish I could charge that for sex.

You'd clear 4 grand easily.

sorry, that was too easy

2 people like this

Finally, thank you.

The new line needs to go between Prov rd and uptown. Free up traffic on that road and 51 as well as 485. The university line is not as urgent imo.

I think keeping a shuttle system from uptown to the airport is easier than a rail. But you do have to expect growth and let that grow around the rail lines that get built.