• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

It would probably work better along the Boston, NY, Philly, DC line. A heavier concentration of the population along with a populace that is already somewhat accustomed to mass transit. Amtrak's best routes are in the Northeast, and I think that is where the first high speed lines should go.

Putting high speed rail anywhere in the South (except perhaps Florida) or Midwest would be a mistake imo.

This may come as a surprise, but the NC line does very well (compared to other rail lines).

There is one "high speed" rail line in the U.S., the Acela in the N.E. from DC to Boston. It is the only profitable rail line in the U.S.

The next best performing line (financially) is the North Carolina line. If it continues to grow at the rates it has been, it will be profitable in the near future.

#32 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,053 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

This may come as a surprise, but the NC line does very well (compared to other rail lines).

There is one "high speed" rail line in the U.S., the Acela in the N.E. from DC to Boston. It is the only profitable rail line in the U.S.

The next best performing line (financially) is the North Carolina line. If it continues to grow at the rates it has been, it will be profitable in the near future.

Didn't know that. Thanks, and I am glad that it is performing well. I imagine that part of that is because it hits all the major metro areas (triad, triangle and Charlotte). I have considered taking Rail on a few trips myself. If they get the new station built, and the trains have the same schedule, I will definitely consider taking the train to a Panthers game.

But I am not certain that means high speed rail would be successful financially. From what I understand, the upgrades are pretty expensive.

#33 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,863 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

I live 10 mins from Monroe Rd. I'd love if line came to Matthews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com