• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Well, your source for the information says it all- rather than use statistical data from a reliable, unbiased source- something the Republicans just seem to have problems doing, the Heathen Republican? Really?
"A secular conservative site dedicated to asserting conservative principles without religious ..."

Yep, no agenda there. No reason to confuse fact and fiction.

Well if you can find it on senate.gov, more power to you. Don't you think that was the first place I looked? If the same information came from keitholbermannfanatics.com, would it somehow be more credible?

#22 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

No, but it is available on PRNewswire.com, for example. FactCheck.org is another...

Jus' sayin'

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

No, but it is available on PRNewswire.com, for example. FactCheck.org is another...

Jus' sayin'

Is the chart the same on those sites as it is on the one he used? If that is the case, then it doesn't make any difference, unless you are disputing what he said and not the chart itself.

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with ignoring articles that come from biased sites like Huffington or Worldnetdaily, but if its chart that is used by several sites without being changed, then the source doesn't make much of a difference.

#24 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm pretty liberal on some things but I'm far from a democrat.

Understandable, and I like most of your posting this is the tinderbox after all I check any soft feelings when I enter.

#25 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• LocationGitmo
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Understandable, and I like most of your posting this is the tinderbox after all I check any soft feelings when I enter.

U have feelings? What a woman.

#26 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Is the chart the same on those sites as it is on the one he used? If that is the case, then it doesn't make any difference, unless you are disputing what he said and not the chart itself.

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with ignoring articles that come from biased sites like Huffington or Worldnetdaily, but if its chart that is used by several sites without being changed, then the source doesn't make much of a difference.

If the information was as streamlined as the website I used, I would have used it instead. I knew before I posted that someone would be derping about the source.

Most informative sites I've found talk specifically about senate confirmations or votes to end filibusters.

And let's not pretend Harry Reid isn't a one man filibuster when the House sends up anything budget related.

#27 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

U have feelings? What a woman.

Good point... no lol

#28 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

speaking of "derping", there's a whole hell of a lot of "derping" going on at the top of this list

http://killfil.com/senators/

The data that powers this site comes from a number of sources including: Senate.gov and Govtrack.us. XML files from these sources are pulled in, parsed, and aggregated daily.
My premise is that a vote against a cloture motion is equal to a vote for a filibuster. So basically, the obstruction rate is the number of Nay votes on cloture motions, divided by the total number of cloture votes in the given time period.

#29 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

huh what

the jumping jacks honda wings in your avatar put my ADD in overdrive

#30 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster