Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte working on hosting Super Bowl

33 posts in this topic

Posted

According to the CVB there are 4,100 rooms within walking distance of the convention center:

http://www.charlottesgotalot.com/default.asp?charlotte=80

They claim there are more than 30,000 "in the area":

http://www.charlottesgotalot.com/default.asp?charlotte=350

The DNC contracted 15,000 rooms in the region for the convention:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/14/3455573/dnc-to-fill-nearly-all-room-blocs.html

Posted

It will never happen

Posted

Not gonna happen anytime soon but I do like the city's ambitiousness.

Posted

that'll be the day

Posted

10 years down the road maybe. Never hurts to start preparing early.

Posted

Hotel rooms aside, when is the last time the NFL has had a SuperBowl in a cold-weather city that didn't play in a dome? I'm not saying Charlotte is Green Bay but it isn't Arizona, southern California, or Miami either.

Posted

I want to get tix to the 2014 Super Bowl here. It'd be a blast.

Posted

Hotel rooms aside, when is the last time the NFL has had a SuperBowl in a cold-weather city that didn't play in a dome? I'm not saying Charlotte is Green Bay but it isn't Arizona, southern California, or Miami either.

2013 season Super Bowl is being held in New Jersey.

Posted

it doesnt have enough hotels for the Superbowl but it does for the DNC? LMFAO.

Posted

If there's ever a Super Bowl in BoA Stadium, I hope it's Eagles vs. Steelers just to watch the reactions when they're told to sit down and stop yelling.

Posted

the Superbowl will most definitely come to Charlotte... Not just because of the newly proposed stadium enhancements, or because as of August 5 2012: Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greenville(SC) are all in the top 10 fastest growing cities in the US, (Charlotte growing at a faster rate in the past decade than any other).

Everyone here knows that Charlotte (and the Carolina's in general), are full of transplants and half-backs. That is a perfect scenario for a Superbowl because there are more people not predominatly focused to one team. (Sad but true, the born and bred Panther fan is obvously a process that takes time).

But because- Pepsi, "born in the Carolinas", has struck a multi-year deal with the NFL and the Superbowl, and it's past success in previous superbowls has enabled Pepsi to have more say in the upcoming than any other...A few hotels here and there and I think it's a done deal.

it all just kind of adds up.

Posted

Having the DNC on charlotte's resume is going to help greatly. The city received tons of great pub for a successful convention.

I personally like the balls the city leaders are having to step up to become more of a "big time" city.

maybe our coaching staff and front office should take some pointers.