Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte working on hosting Super Bowl

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Wilmington wants a new bridge across the Cape Fear River - guess what the chances of either happening in the next 30 years are?

Posted · Report post

It would be amazing for the City of Charlotte on so many levels. Providing the Home team is playing in it........ *Le sigh..... Dream on lol

Posted · Report post

if it were to happen in the next five years my ass will be bartending down there for a week leading up to the game.

Posted · Report post

I'm just say'n... I know the parking lots have "camping areas" around the speedway. But, a lot of the teams any fans stay at the hotels around the speedway.

I work in a hotel that has promoters and fans staying at it for the races, and it's off 77 and 485. near the SC boarder. Not near the speedway...

According to info I researched on the speedway... there are seats for 167,00 ppl in the stands, and room for another 50,000 in the infield... and 121 executive suites.

Now... my hotel has 175 rooms alone, and is 35-40 mins. away from the speedway. We come close to selling out during the may races. (not so much the October race like this weekend, but, we have people here currently)

The Dallas stadium (with their expansion for standing room only) is only 113,000. So, not having enough hotel rooms in the area can't be the issue here, to the point of not having a SB in Charlotte because of the rooms.

But, that's a "fan" capacity of it all I guess.

Remember, this is not including all the media and crews and all that will be involved with such an event.

But as was mentioned.. the DNC did pretty good. (and my hotel was sold out for that week with a a whole states delegates) and had no issues at all.

Just my info and thoughts from a hotel workers perspective I guess.

Posted · Report post

Two things have to be done first the rail line from the speedway to uptown has to be built and the line from the airport has to be built.

Having Concord airport runway expanded helped a lot. But the superbowl brings in a lot of people just on game day. While charlotte international is a great airport. There isn't the secondary airport that is needed to handle all the planes.

Posted · Report post

This is all Bull poo, they are floating this carrot to the public to convince them to PAY for the Stadium Upgrades.

We will never get a Superbowl - we might get a Final Four again before a Superbowl.

Posted · Report post

Hey, they let Jacksonville host. It was unusually cold for that game and I think people had to stay on ships because of a lack of hotel space.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='FugginPoo' timestamp='1350138533' post='1945255']
This is all Bull poo, they are floating this carrot to the public to convince them to PAY for the Stadium Upgrades.

We will never get a Superbowl - we might get a Final Four again before a Superbowl.
[/quote]

Yep. Dance people dance.

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qNktCJV4km0/T8oMvcihZoI/AAAAAAAAAIM/zuuMNfeD6II/s1600/marionette.gif[/img]

Posted · Report post

well this confirms ticket income will drop via same ole crap for the next few years, thus they are trying to rake in that paper without our team. no one in the Carolina should even be allowed to say the word "SUPERBOWL" out loud! Degraced!