#17 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,232 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

10 years down the road maybe. Never hurts to start preparing early.

#18 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hotel rooms aside, when is the last time the NFL has had a SuperBowl in a cold-weather city that didn't play in a dome? I'm not saying Charlotte is Green Bay but it isn't Arizona, southern California, or Miami either.

#19 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,456 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

I want to get tix to the 2014 Super Bowl here. It'd be a blast.

#20 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• ALL-PRO
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hotel rooms aside, when is the last time the NFL has had a SuperBowl in a cold-weather city that didn't play in a dome? I'm not saying Charlotte is Green Bay but it isn't Arizona, southern California, or Miami either.

2013 season Super Bowl is being held in New Jersey.

#21 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

it doesnt have enough hotels for the Superbowl but it does for the DNC? LMFAO.

#22 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

If there's ever a Super Bowl in BoA Stadium, I hope it's Eagles vs. Steelers just to watch the reactions when they're told to sit down and stop yelling.

#23 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

the Superbowl will most definitely come to Charlotte... Not just because of the newly proposed stadium enhancements, or because as of August 5 2012: Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greenville(SC) are all in the top 10 fastest growing cities in the US, (Charlotte growing at a faster rate in the past decade than any other).

Everyone here knows that Charlotte (and the Carolina's in general), are full of transplants and half-backs. That is a perfect scenario for a Superbowl because there are more people not predominatly focused to one team. (Sad but true, the born and bred Panther fan is obvously a process that takes time).

But because- Pepsi, "born in the Carolinas", has struck a multi-year deal with the NFL and the Superbowl, and it's past success in previous superbowls has enabled Pepsi to have more say in the upcoming than any other...A few hotels here and there and I think it's a done deal.

it all just kind of adds up.

#24 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Having the DNC on charlotte's resume is going to help greatly. The city received tons of great pub for a successful convention.

I personally like the balls the city leaders are having to step up to become more of a "big time" city.

maybe our coaching staff and front office should take some pointers.

#25 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Wilmington wants a new bridge across the Cape Fear River - guess what the chances of either happening in the next 30 years are?

#26 P.I.A

P.I.A

• ALL-PRO
  • 522 posts
  • LocationFinally Home!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

It would be amazing for the City of Charlotte on so many levels. Providing the Home team is playing in it........ *Le sigh..... Dream on lol

#27 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,780 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

if it were to happen in the next five years my ass will be bartending down there for a week leading up to the game.

#28 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

I'm just say'n... I know the parking lots have "camping areas" around the speedway. But, a lot of the teams any fans stay at the hotels around the speedway.

I work in a hotel that has promoters and fans staying at it for the races, and it's off 77 and 485. near the SC boarder. Not near the speedway...

According to info I researched on the speedway... there are seats for 167,00 ppl in the stands, and room for another 50,000 in the infield... and 121 executive suites.

Now... my hotel has 175 rooms alone, and is 35-40 mins. away from the speedway. We come close to selling out during the may races. (not so much the October race like this weekend, but, we have people here currently)

The Dallas stadium (with their expansion for standing room only) is only 113,000. So, not having enough hotel rooms in the area can't be the issue here, to the point of not having a SB in Charlotte because of the rooms.

But, that's a "fan" capacity of it all I guess.

Remember, this is not including all the media and crews and all that will be involved with such an event.

But as was mentioned.. the DNC did pretty good. (and my hotel was sold out for that week with a a whole states delegates) and had no issues at all.

Just my info and thoughts from a hotel workers perspective I guess.

#29 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Two things have to be done first the rail line from the speedway to uptown has to be built and the line from the airport has to be built.

Having Concord airport runway expanded helped a lot. But the superbowl brings in a lot of people just on game day. While charlotte international is a great airport. There isn't the secondary airport that is needed to handle all the planes.

#30 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

This is all Bull poo, they are floating this carrot to the public to convince them to PAY for the Stadium Upgrades.

We will never get a Superbowl - we might get a Final Four again before a Superbowl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com