Photo
- - - - -

What is your biggest criticism of the candidate you plan on voting for?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,151 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

well that sucks. i was leaning towards her

interestingly, i am more in tune with the issues and my opinions on things have become more articulate and educated than in any previous election, and yet i feel incredibly disconnected with the whole process. like i give a poo but i sort of don't really give a poo at all.

i guess it's between oBOMBer and gary johnson for me at this point

#17 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

Go ahead throw your votes away NC is a red state this go round.

#18 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

well that sucks. i was leaning towards her

interestingly, i am more in tune with the issues and my opinions on things have become more articulate and educated than in any previous election, and yet i feel incredibly disconnected with the whole process. like i give a poo but i sort of don't really give a poo at all.

i guess it's between oBOMBer and gary johnson for me at this point

yeah it's pretty easy to feel disconnected when stein and johnson were raising hell trying to get into the debates and they were just completely shut out. would have loved to have seen stein on stage with those two. pro-legalization, anti-war, pro-single payer healthcare, against the controversial NDAA provisions and the patriot act, and argues that affordable housing and a college education are fundamental rights, and she even got arrested while protesting fannie mae; would have been interesting to see obama argue against the things that many of his supporters actually want

what i really don't get is why these gary johnson and ron paul nuts completely dismiss stein, even though their views align regarding marijuana, interventionism, the patriot act, ndaa, and fannie mae, AND (in the case of ron paul) she doesn't have years of racist newsletters tied to her

#19 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,151 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

are you voting for gary johnson then?

#20 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

can't support a guy who advocates spending public money through education vouchers for religious schools, opposes the very idea of student loans without guaranteeing equal access to higher education for poor people, wants to cut medicare and medicaid in half, wants to privatize social security, so on, so forth. there's some significant overlap between the two, and i don't want to paint myself as a single issue voter but if "fug the poor" could be considered a single issue than i'm never going to vote for it sooo

i guess i should say that i don't expect them to vote for stein; rather, to articulate why not. when the majority of them are just like "yeah bro libertarians gonna legalize it bro" or "hey let's not fight unnecessary wars and subsidize the military of foreign oppressors" and "they're all the same so i'm gonna vote for someone who's not a reptilian" it's funny that the same candidates that always come up are racist ron paul and randian gary johnson

#21 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,358 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

That's literally the only reason why they are voting for Romney. You could have a fuging Mr. Potato head as the republican candidate, and they would still vote for him. He's a pretty shitty candidate and will be a bad president, and will probably pave the way for a Hillary Clinton presidency in 2016.

Anyway, I'm not voting. NC is already going to be a Romney win. I'd vote for Obama solely because we have less of a chance to go into Iran. Both are going to suck corporate cock and our economy will decline further, but at least Obama doesn't want a literal trillion dollar war machine and another war because we have to suck AIPAC's cock.

the fact that the world bought the Obama hype the first time around and would now vote for Mr Potato Head as an alternative says more about Obama than Mr Potato Head.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

My biggest criticism of Obama...he wasn't liberal enough his first four years. With the house in his pocket he could have done do much more but he was way to middle of the road

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

My biggest criticism of Obama...he wasn't liberal enough his first four years. With the house in his pocket he could have done do much more but he was way to middle of the road

Because he knew that if he had been as liberal as you wanted him to be, he wouldn't have a ghost of a chance of winning re-election.

I have a feeling if he wins this time around, he would make an attempt to move to the left if he could. Fortunately for the country, republicans will likely have enough control in congress to prevent that. Thanks to the founders for designing a system with so many checks and balances that prevents extremist on either side of the political spectrum from getting what they want.

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Who said I want for checks and balances?

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Who said I want for checks and balances?

I don't know who said that, but I am guessing they meant to say something else. :)

#26 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Romney: Not conservative enough.

Federal government needs to be diminished by about 30-40% over the next decade.

McCrory: Charlotte/Raleigh guy. Eastern part of the state is usually overlooked by the governor here. IMO.

#27 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Romney: Not conservative enough.

Federal government needs to be diminished by about 30-40% over the next decade.

McCrory: Charlotte/Raleigh guy. Eastern part of the state is usually overlooked by the governor here. IMO.

The Eastern part of the state gets way more funding per capita than the western part.

#28 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

The tinderbox, like most of America, is pretty divided politically, so I want to hear your own complaints against the person you plan on voting for. Presidential or gubernatorial. I am not locked in 100% yet, but I am leaning towards Obama and McCrory.

Biggest Criticism of Obama: Extending the Patriot Act and signing the 2012 NDAA with provisions about indefinite detention without trial. Pretty sure Obama campaigned against the Patriot Act (maybe not) and I feel the government is encroaching on personal rights with both of these policies.

Biggest Criticism of McCrory: Advocated for Amendment 1. I haven't done as much research on the gubernatorial candidates, but I know McCrory was in favor of Amendment 1 which I wholly oppose.

No offense or anything, but considering the section of your post that i highlighted above...why on earth would you vote for him then? In my opinion NDAA is the single-most unconstitutional piece of legislation that has ever been encated in the history of this country...not to mention Obama hired a legal staff to ensure the indefinite detention aspect to it remained in the bill, even after all the constroversy.

#29 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

No offense or anything, but considering the section of your post that i highlighted above...why on earth would you vote for him then? In my opinion NDAA is the single-most unconstitutional piece of legislation that has ever been encated in the history of this country...not to mention Obama hired a legal staff to ensure the indefinite detention aspect to it remained in the bill, even after all the constroversy.

No offense taken. I created this thread hoping people could converse reasonably about weaknesses in the candidates without so many talking points.

Either Romney or Obama is going to win NC and it is a battleground state. I feel like I need to vote for one of them and both support NDAA with indefinite detention and the Patriot Act. I think Romney and Obama are a lot closer to the same candidate than most hardcore Dems/Repubs like to admit, and I think they will have very similar presidencies. That is why I said I'm not 100% locked in yet. However, if it is a toss-up I would rather vote for a guy that will appoint more liberal supreme court justices.

#30 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,797 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

No offense taken. I created this thread hoping people could converse reasonably about weaknesses in the candidates without so many talking points.

Either Romney or Obama is going to win NC and it is a battleground state. I feel like I need to vote for one of them and both support NDAA with indefinite detention and the Patriot Act. I think Romney and Obama are a lot closer to the same candidate than most hardcore Dems/Repubs like to admit, and I think they will have very similar presidencies. That is why I said I'm not 100% locked in yet. However, if it is a toss-up I would rather vote for a guy that will appoint more liberal supreme court justices.

That is all very true...i'm surprised you're not going 3rd party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.