Will 1-5 seal the deal?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

on the season....most likely, barring any miracles.

on the rivera era...nope. it will still have another year or two.

- rayzor

#12 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

on the season....most likely, barring any miracles.

on the rivera era...nope. it will still have another year or two.

- rayzor

Ok so here is my thinking. Say Rivera stays, fine. But then our offense is ranked 25th (like it is now) and our defense is ranked in the high 20s (like it is now.) Will then both Sean Mcdermott and Chud get the boot? And if they get the boot and not Rivera then that makes no sense seeing as how these are Rivera's guys to begin with. With that said, I just dont see any logic in booting Mcd and Chud but keeping Rivera since he is the one that brought in his coordinators.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Ok so here is my thinking. Say Rivera stays, fine. But then our offense is ranked 25th (like it is now) and our defense is ranked in the high 20s (like it is now.) Will then both Sean Mcdermott and Chud get the boot? And if they get the boot and not Rivera then that makes no sense seeing as how these are Rivera's guys to begin with. With that said, I just dont see any logic in booting Mcd and Chud but keeping Rivera since he is the one that brought in his coordinators.

happens all the time.

re: mcD being rivera's guy, though....heard he was rivera's second choice. rivera's first choice was supposedly steve wilks just because of their familiarity with each other having worked together in chi-town and san diego. it would be rivera's D but wilks implementing it i suppose kind of like you see with a lot of HCs who pretty much run the show on the side of the ball that is their strong suit.

but anyway...teams will usually give an HC another shot with new coordinators unless they are teams that usually has a lot of turnover in their coaching staff (which i really don't want us to be). there will be a coordinator or two replaced, much of the time as a scapegoat. if the HC still can't get the desired results then the HC will probably get the boot. teams have more invested in the HC and know that it usually means another couple years of turmoil and a lot of money going out because you end up having to pay for the fired coach (and probably his staff) as well as for the new coach and staff. they will give the HC a couple chances with different personnel just to see if there's any way it could work.

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

if rivera can get this team to 7-9 after a 1-4 or 1-5 start i will be wholly impressed

#15 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

if rivera can get this team to 7-9 after a 1-4 or 1-5 start i will be wholly impressed

ditto that, but also pissed that it once again took so long to get going.

#16 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• LocationChina Grove, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

ditto that, but also pissed that it once again took so long to get going.

I'll be impressed if he can pull that off...but I've given up on being pissed about us sucking so bad early in the year that when we finally get our poo together it doesn't matter.

I was aggravated in 2004 when we woke up in week 10 and proceeded to win 6 our of our last 8 for no damn reason. I was aggravated again in 2009 when Matt Moore woke up and learned how to play QB the last 5 games of the season...far too late for it to matter. I was upset when we figured out in week 12 last year that we can actually play decent football for four quarters instead of 3 after leaving most of the games early because "why not - we basically won right? Plus traffic".

So far this year I figure we'll put two and two together just in time to win some games when we're eliminated from contention but in just enough time to save everyone's jobs because "it looks like they got it together - next year is gonna be awesome".

I blame the bye week - with no game this week I get more time to stew.

#17 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Anybody that thinks anything will be decided by our 6th game is smoking some dank poo. Rivera will finish out the season, at least. Unless he has only one 1 game by week 14, I'd say he's safe until then.

#18 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• LocationCape Fear Area
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

The deal was sealed two weeks ago

#19 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

I wish we were a young team. It'd make a lot more sense.

How are we not a young team?
Starters 27 and younger:
Cam
Tolbert
Stewart
Lafell
Olsen
Amini
Kalil
Bell

CJ
Hardy
Keuchly
Beason
Norman
Godfrey
Hakuri

28 and older:
Dlo
Smitty
Gross
Hangman

Ron Edwards
Dwan Edwards
Anderson
Gamble
(half of these can be easily replaced)

So tell me how were not a young team again?

#20 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

How are we not a young team?
Starters 27 and younger:
Cam
Tolbert
Stewart
Lafell
Olsen
Amini
Kalil
Bell

CJ
Hardy
Keuchly
Beason
Norman
Godfrey
Hakuri

28 and older:
Dlo
Smitty
Gross
Hangman

Ron Edwards
Dwan Edwards
Anderson
Gamble
(half of these can be easily replaced)

So tell me how were not a young team again?

Half can be replaced? We're still trying to replace our DTs from 2005. I would say maybe you meant half the talent, but nobody who has played safety lately has half the talent of Mike Minter.

Our offense is young. On defense, we have four quality starters (CJ, Keuchly and on occasion, Beast and TD58) under 27. Everybody else is scrub material. That's our problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users