• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#46 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

this.

win some fuging games and no one is gonna give a flying fug what you do on the sidelines.

it's as simple as that.

the CAMolina panthers are supposed to winning...that's why their future wanna be goat is being slaughtered and not nuthugged by the media.

Team sport....

You want wins....QB needs a team that can win when he isn't perfect.

#47 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Team sport....

You want wins....QB needs a team that can win when he isn't perfect.

the qb takes the criticism and the praises of the team.

so to say if cam did this or that on the sidelines the results he wouldn't be treated like such and such is not true...if this team was winning games, no one would care what newton was doing on the sidelines.

guys like brady, manning, and rogers can throw fits and no one say a word because in the end they win. period.

#48 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,019 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

I just think the expectations of Cam are higher especially coming off a record breaking year.

#49 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Isn't RG3 black? Media seems to be all over his dick and watch how they praise him after today.

The same media that said he didnt deserve to go #1 over Andrew Luck? If he has a bad year next year and Washington struggles will they give him the pass they're giving to Luck RIGHT NOW? I think we both know the answer to that.

Trying it make it a race thing is dumb. Nobody even talks about Ryan that much good or bad honestly.

Because Ryan's never won nothing and has folded every time the lights got bright. He's a 5th year player making a lot more money ($11.5 mill in 2012, $10 mill in 2013) than Cam in a bigger market coming off a monster chokejob in the playoffs last year. He SHOULD have higher expectations than a 2nd year QB. Not getting the pass you're so desperately trying to imply he should. Let Ryan win first before we try to cloak him with "privilege", he's got a lot to prove.

He's a boring subject in comparison to Cam, thats why Cam gets more exposure.

Ryan and the 6-0 Falcons are getting a lot more exposure than Cam and the Panthers right now. I don't know what you're watching or reading.

When we lose it will be bad exposure, when we win it will be them praising him nonstop.

When we lose it will be attacks on his character and "failed" black QB comparisons.

#50 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

He would be labeled a horrible teammate if Cam was to act like Ryan is acting. I don't know what the other guy was talking about.

Show fire an passion...not being a whiny bitch like Ryan is being.

dafug??

#51 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

The problem i have with Cam isnt his skin color its the fact hes not playing to his potintial right now not even close.

What is Cam's potential? Where should he be right now?

#52 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

What is Cam's potential? Where should he be right now?

because carolina has been so media starved for attention they let the media slob all over newton...so he should be the goat right now.

and people wonder why indy insists on sheltering luck from the media as much as possible.

#53 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

because carolina has been so media starved for attention they let the media slob all over newton...so he should be the goat right now.

and people wonder why indy insists on sheltering luck from the media as much as possible.

Nowhere in your post did you tell me where Cam Newton should be right now. What is his potential? Please dont use cliche's like "goat" or win totals. Statistically what do you typically want to see in a 2nd year QB? And what SHOULD Cam be producing right now?

#54 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Nowhere in your post did you tell me where Cam Newton should be right now. What is his potential? Please dont use cliche's like "goat" or win totals. Statistically what do you typically want to see in a 2nd year QB? And what SHOULD Cam be producing right now?

you don't get it.

it doesn't matter what newton is or should be doing statistically, he will catch the brunt of the negative attention because the panthers are losing.

if the panthers were 5-0, on the verge of losing their sixth game, and was on the sidelines cussing everyone out...he'd been seen as trying to motivate his team. they would say he was developing as a leader.

#55 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

you don't get it.

it doesn't matter what newton is or should be doing statistically, he will catch the brunt of the negative attention because the panthers are losing.

if the panthers were 5-0, on the verge of losing their sixth game, and was on the sidelines cussing everyone out...he'd been seen as trying to motivate his team.

So basically you have no clue what Cam's potential is. I asked you a simple specific question and you chose to deflect. No point in engaging you anymore.

#56 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

So basically you have no clue what Cam's potential is. I asked you a simple specific question and you chose to deflect. No point in engaging you anymore.

oh i get it...this is one of those side off topic subjects that steer the thread into another direction.

i'm sorry.

i have no clue what cam newton's potential is...the same way i have no idea what rg3, dalton, ponder, luck, or any other 1-2 year qb's potential is.

back on topic...newton set statistical personal records last season, and the expectation for the team's success was set high based on that. but until this team consistently wins like everyone thinks they have the potential to do, he will be scrutinized...

...because that's what happens to all quarterbacks at one point or another.

#57 NeedSumD

NeedSumD

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

His potential is to win games. Your right he had good stats in that win at atlanta oh wait thats right we lost that game. Who was it that fumbled that ball when the game was iced? Cant remeber that guys name to save my life im sure i will think of it later. And then we where playing Seattle had a guy standing wide open in the End Zone to ice another game. Who was that again again drawing a blank. Help me out here. Cam himself says he has to get better. So why is it you cant say it. Are you so rapped up in race that you cant see past his skin color. Isnt that the very definition of a racist? But your right im the racist because i say the same thing about a player that the player himself is saying!

#58 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

His potential is to win games. Your right he had good stats in that win at atlanta oh wait thats right we lost that game. Who was it that fumbled that ball when the game was iced? Cant remeber that guys name to save my life im sure i will think of it later. And then we where playing Seattle had a guy standing wide open in the End Zone to ice another game. Who was that again again drawing a blank. Help me out here. Cam himself says he has to get better. So why is it you cant say it. Are you so rapped up in race that you cant see past his skin color. Isnt that the very definition of a racist? But your right im the racist because i say the same thing about a player that the player himself is saying!

More cliche. I asked about stats and #'s, you brought up "race" talk. Where should Cam be in his 2nd year? Yards, YPA, completion %, where is that in your post? I asked a simple question and you threw the race card. WHAT IS CAM'S POTENTIAL?

#59 NeedSumD

NeedSumD

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Seattle 12-29 141 no Td's no int's. for the season had thrown more int's than Td's. 4TD's 5INT's. So on an average thru 5 games thats less tahn 1 Td per game. Am i saying those losses are all Cams fault no. But is cam part of the team and deserves some of the blame yes. And is Cam himself saying the same thing "YES". So yes i agree with Cam hes not playing up to his potential. If you want to water it down and make excuses thats up to you. Defense isnt playing up to there potential either. Same thing for the O-line and the Rb's hell and the Wr's for that matter. But unlike you i lump Cam in with the losses not exclude him from the team and go its ok Cam your only part of the team when we win. week 4 15/24 215 yards 2td's 9 rushes 86 yards 1 td on the ground. 119.3 QBR oh yeah and 1 fumble win the game was iced. I like how you left that fact out of all your stats. And if you dont believe me go to Panthers.com and listen to any of Cams interviews and he will tell you! This team was saying before the season started playoffs playoffs playoffs. This isnt a playoff "TEAM" and im not sure if your aware of this or not Cam is on this "TEAM". So not playing up to his potential along with the rest of the "TEAM"

#60 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,582 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

I think you fail to understand the criticisms of Cam. The fans and the media WANT cam to do what Ryan is doing. Screaming in anger of losing is a positive sign. Sitting with a towel over your head alone does not look like leadership.

Nobody cares that he's black except for some Panthers fans who are insecure now that their QB isn't quite as good as they imagined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.