Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fundamental Question: How is Christianity not polytheism?

133 posts in this topic

Posted

Zod, you say you're applying logic to religion, but in this case, you're using a pretty glaring logical fallacy as the base of your argument.

You're trying to juxtapose other religions' prerequisites to be a god onto the christian satan. The problem with this is there's hardly consensus between religions on what qualifies as a god. So your attempt to look at this objectively is futile because there are no constants in this equation.

Many ancient cultures worshiped gold as a god, for the sole reason that it was gold and shiny like the sun. The bible mentions gold. Therefore, I guess that's one more god to account for in the polytheistic bible, right?

The only objective way to look at is to look at christians themselves. How many gods do they acknowledge? The answer is one.

owned

/thread

Posted

Zod, even if you were technically right - a point which i am willing to concede only for the sake of the following argument - it wouldn't change christianity one bit. there is no point in making the case you're trying to make - the relationship, so to speak, between god, satan, and humanity would remain unchanged.

it is a moot point you make, interesting though it is to discuss.

Oh I agree. It would not change Christianity at all, I didn't mean to imply at all. I just wanted a discussion on the topic.

Posted

owned

/thread

Whats owned mean?

Posted

pwnt

Posted

Bant.

Posted

Compared to thousands of years of people stroking each others' love for Christianity using little or no logic but misguided intuition?

this argument is played out....human logic means nothing your not God. It's funny that oh so "Intelligent" man is doing exactly what God said you would. No wonder he likens us to sheep.

Posted

you mean the one that they found that has him and his whole family in it, including his wife and son?

lie

Posted

this argument is played out....human logic means nothing your not God. It's funny that oh so "Intelligent" man is doing exactly what God said you would. No wonder he likens us to sheep.

Damn I was hoping to be likened to a lemming

Posted

Damn I was hoping to be likened to a lemming

Thats what most of them are...

Posted

There are so many contradictions in the bible and even among religious denominations yet you guys are so sure of everything, so don't blame me if I'm not taking you seriously at all, from personal experiences regarding people and they themselves going back on their "faith", and the whole "god's will" idea to hypocrisy among the church in order to gain funds or donations that I don't feel like going into right now because I think it's worthless to argue with followers who don't even realize the faults they promote so much, and it's something I'd rather not interfere with because I don't appreciate people knocking on my door at 9AM ready to give me copies of the Watchtower.

Posted

There are so many contradictions in the bible and even among religious denominations yet you guys are so sure of everything, so don't blame me if I'm not taking you seriously at all, from personal experiences regarding people and they themselves going back on their "faith", and the whole "god's will" idea to hypocrisy among the church in order to gain funds or donations that I don't feel like going into right now because I think it's worthless to argue with followers who don't even realize the faults they promote so much, and it's something I'd rather not interfere with because I don't appreciate people knocking on my door at 9AM ready to give me copies of the Watchtower.

another argument based upon human logic with a example of Godless religion.

Posted

lie

Of course it it, anything that disproves the bible and therefore god has to be a lie.:rolleyes: