• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Yes, playing video games will anyone a loser. I mean, look at this fuging loser at 3:35... He owns every console there is. Dude is def a loser... right?

#17 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ok, All good, all answers I was looking for.
on to other questions...

When you're playing, do you get mad or angry if something isn't going the way you think it should and shout about it, do you say the game is cheating and complain about bugs and glitches?

#18 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,957 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

If it is fun, why not do it? Normal is relative.

#19 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

on to other questions...

When you're playing, do you get mad or angry if something isn't going the way you think it should and shout about it, do you say the game is cheating and complain about bugs and glitches?

When people obviously hack? Yes, its fuging annoying. When my team sucks ass and we all get killed? No, but some take it hard and ask for crappy players to go to another server which I think is retarded. Most people playing video games for fun win or lose but there definitely few odd. I play a lot of MW3 and most players around age 22-35 and some even in their 50s...

#20 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,326 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

the largest age group that plays WoW is early 40s. Not a generational thing, not an addiction either. Just something people enjoy doing after a stressful day or week. It's certainly a much better escape than getting drunk at a bar or whacked out on drugs.

#21 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

on to other questions...

I rage on Mortal Kombat but not because I lose.. but because of the server issues the game has.. I had to massively upgrade my internet just to make it possible for me to do some of my complex combos. It's frustrating losing to people that just jump kick because the connection doesn't read my block. I'm more likely to throw something watching football than i am playing a video game. I take it your kid is doing it? I did that when I was smaller but after awhile I stopped.

#22 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

No, it's not my kid.

I just don't get how one can spend hours playing a game. Maybe it's the same as how I can spend hours creating something. I enjoy it, I do get upset with it when it doesn't go my way but I cant stop until i'm satisfied with the result.

#23 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

No, it's not my kid.

I just don't get how one can spend hours playing a game. Maybe it's the same as how I can spend hours creating something. I enjoy it, I do get upset with it when it doesn't go my way but I cant stop until i'm satisfied with the result.

Oh, so it's Dan.
I logged in and will post this just for you. :thumbsu:

Prolly get me banned , whatever.

Try this!

*Naughty Naughty ~Kurb*

#24 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

lmao

#25 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,943 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

False.. it's called a hobby..some hunt and fish ..others play video games..it's no different.

It's not a hobby when it is like the OP suggested.....playing during ALL of your freetime.

Say what you want, video games ARE addictive.

#26 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,523 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

I'm logging on to TF2 right now...

#27 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

I hardly ever play any console games anymore, but I can relate to the frustration of glitchy/poor AI design in some games...

I play an online game pretty regularly... just started back, in fact, after a long hiatus...

I could sit there and do it for hours on end, completely losing myself in it.

This is not an addiction, though. It is a hobby/something to do to relax.

The only time it has ever been an issue is when my wife feels like I'm not spending enough time with her, and then I'll either shut it down, or tell her to get the hell over it because we aren't doing anything besides sitting around anyways.

If you've got a problem with how someone is spending their time ultimately because it takes attention away from you, then I think the problem is your own to cope with. I'm not projecting that on you at all, or trying to sound harsh, but that is just the way I feel a lot of these things boil down to. It is ultimately about controlling what someone does with their own time, especially when there isn't anything else going on that interests the person that is playing a game.

If this is your husband or w/e, I say talk about it with him. Decide if there are things he should be doing other than spending his time how he wants to.

If this is your kid or someone else's kid, as long as they are handling their business otherwise, who cares?

Yes, video games can be addicting and too immersive. But that is a personality trait that will exhibit itself in other areas too... not just games...

These days, games have huge open worlds that can take time to explore. It is nothing to kill a couple hours and not realize it.

#28 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,855 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

There were definitely times when I spent the entire school day watching the clock, waiting for the school day to end so I could run stright home and pick up where I left off in my game. But that was back when I had school days.

Now my time is just too precious to blow days playing video games. Between my job, my girlfriend, my laundry (Which, no matter how many loads I do, there is still more), and my comic book, I can't remember the last time I actually got on Battlefield 3.

Yet somehow that doesn't stop me from dropping $60 on used games at FYE this weekend. Bizarre.

#29 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,334 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Is it similar to an addiction for you? Doesn't it make you tired? Does it effect your relationships?

If it's affecting your relationship, it's time to have a big girl discussion with him.

There is a reason that whomever you are referring to is doing it. They are looking for an "out" or something to take their mind off of reality.

Trust me, there is a reason. You need to find out what it is.

#30 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,776 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yea, I play video games when I'm mentally exhausted or I had a fuged up day or just bored. Its really takes the edge off and helps me relax. You enter pretty much different world of fantasy where nothing matters. The only time I play video games when my fiancé around is when she watches something on TV that I just can't stand. So I just go and play video games or watch sports. Maybe u should try play video games with him? For instance WoW community has enormous amount of females, even women in their 60s play it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com