#121 charlotte49er

charlotte49er

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte-Mint HIll, NC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Everytime I turn on the TV I seem to see RGIII in a Subway commercial. It's almost as bad as Peyton was. (And I loved Manning when he was a Colts)

I haven't seen one Luck or Tannehill or Wilson from Seattle, in commercials. (I'm sure there are local commercials.) (I actually wouldn't mind seeing Tannehill's wife in a commercial. Not many guys marry a Hooters girl!)

So Luck maybe getting hyped in the sports section, but he's not the poster child for big business. (That may come, who knows.)

I said at the begnning of the season that I'd be extactic if the Colts went 8-8! Realistically, felt that 4-12 may have been doable.

Rookie QB surrounded by some veterans who mostly have been injured, 2nd & 3rd tier free agants, Rookie draft pics, with a Rookie HC who won't coach the rest of the season, rookie assit/acting HC, rookie GM. Has there ever been a more rag tag team in football? Yet they are 5-3!

#122 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,167 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I thought 'Suck for Luck' was over. Jesus, they're all over his jock tonight on TNF. Already labelled him as the greatest rookie QB of all time... Cam also fell down to like #10 on the list of greatest rookies of all time according to them. The media sure is a funny thing. I believe everyone knows that Colts team wasn't anywhere near as bad as they appeared last season, so his W-L record doesn't really matter to me.

Lemme know when Luck accounts for 35+ touchdowns, rushes for 700+ yards and breaks a 30+ year old NFL record along with his projected 4000+ passing yards this season please.

I'm not saying Luck isn't going to be great, but jeeze... these analysts need to go lube up or something first.

#123 KittyCity

KittyCity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

No joke, they are really jizzing in their Dockers over this kid. If a baby was successfully delivered in a bathroom at Jags Stadium during halftime - those 2 boobs in the booth would somehow give all the credit to Andrew Luck.

#124 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Watching the game and that interception Luck just threw with almost 2:00 before the half was awful.

Of course, Luck did make the tackle by going at the guy's knee but what's disgusting is Mayock almost wanted to give him the DMVP for making an irresponsible tackle like this. Good way for the franchise QB to get hurt.

Can u imagine if Cam would have done the exact thing? Wow.

#125 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,167 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Just watching this Jags game... it seems like Luck is going to be coddled by the NFL shield for years to come.

#126 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Luck needs to work on his celebration spike

#127 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,142 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

What a bunch of whiners. Luck is a football player. does not have a lot of commercials, or clothing lines and studies hard on the sidelines with his coaches. But, he does have 6 wins and at this point, is in the playoffs.

And by the way, Cam got super hype from all the same announcers last year. Grow up. The guy is going to be good for a long time.

#128 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Luck a beast reminds,me of Aaron Rodgers he'll be ROY easy

his tackle after his int last night was crazy

why yall mad tho? lol luck hasn't got the hype as a rookie til rge threw over 400 til then it was a RGIII since the combine. luck deserves praise he'll be a great QB along wit ours and RGIII stop hating

#129 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

and please stop looking at media hype Cam will never be a media darling his rookie season was slept on RGIII got more hype and of course bum ass The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Cam has that Kobe, Lebron quality n personality to him. although he's charismatic n savvy the media doesn't really like him but they gotta respect his talent..yu can also tell he hates the media remember on his ESPN path to the draft special he was going off about how everything he does or says ESPN n NFL network flips it to a negative .

I'd take opposing teams respect, fear of our qb over ESPN hype anyday

#130 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Luck has a knack for it...I like it personally...

#131 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Keep it in perspective. His team (I refuse to say "He" like a lot of media idiots do; as if he is playing all positions by himself) has only beaten one good team. Outside of that, their schedule has been downy soft. He needs to be careful with the media; they love you one second and ream you out hard the next. Nothing anybody says matters.

#132 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,142 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

Winning gets you all kinds of media bandwagoners, losing gets you all kinds of media haters.

#133 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

they have never really liked Cam tho his rookie season was underrated IMO

#134 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Keep it in perspective. His team (I refuse to say "He" like a lot of media idiots do; as if he is playing all positions by himself) has only beaten one good team. Outside of that, their schedule has been downy soft. He needs to be careful with the media; they love you one second and ream you out hard the next. Nothing anybody says matters.

When I originally created this thread no one wanted to talk about Luck. His team was losing and he was strugglng with accuracy and TOs. A lot of people (fans and media) are depending on Luck to pan out, so chances are they just wont mention him if he or Indy starts to struggle again.

#135 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

When I originally created this thread no one wanted to talk about Luck. His team was losing and he was strugglng with accuracy and TOs. A lot of people (fans and media) are depending on Luck to pan out, so chances are they just wont mention him if he or Indy starts to struggle again.

People expect rookies to struggle and grow into success. People do not expect rookies to go the Cam route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.