#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

And I agreed with that. I'm not talking weight and height here. Go look at Montgomery physically. He's built like a rushing OLB. I'm not saying he won't be able to play in a 43 but if I was him, I'd wish a 34 team pick me and uses me like Aldon Smith.

he looks like a DE just athletic as all get out. Osi and Babin are slender 4-3 DEs as well.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

#18 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image

I could actually see Jones falling. Supreme talent, but his ideal fit is a 3-4 team due to his size and pass rushing ability and there may not be any drafting in the top 6-7 picks. Best fits would seem to be IND or NYJ, although he could be used like Von Miller is in Denver....

#19 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Certainly not happening

Yeah Clowney is unanimously going first overall

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

I could actually see Jones falling. Supreme talent, but his ideal fit is a 3-4 team due to his size and pass rushing ability and there may not be any drafting in the top 6-7 picks. Best fits would seem to be IND or NYJ, although he could be used like Von Miller is in Denver....

Yes thats exactly what I think. If Indy or NYJ lands a top 5, no way will Jones fall out the top 5. A lot of teams that may end up drafting high runs a 43 and will look for other positions to fill (i.e. QB, DE, DT). I would not be surprise to see Jones still on the board after the first 5 picks have gone by. Jones imo is the best pass rusher in next year draft who already have 5.5 sacks this year and 13.5 a season ago. Hes almost the same size and weight as Miller. A lot of scouts seemed to also think that Jones can be a Von Miller type OLB in a 43 and I wouldnt doubt it. Even though we have a log jam at the lb position, Jones bring a different kind of skill sets to the position and his ability to rush will make up for our lack of rushing to the qb.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Yeah Clowney is unanimously going first overall

Yea as of right now, but you never know what will happen from now through 2014. The thing is, we would really have to suck badly (top 5) for us to even be in the conversations for Clowney. I doubt we'd be that bad in 2013. Lets hope not.

#22 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,501 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'd take mingo and have him play OLB with Luke in the middle. That could be pretty scary having them two as linebackers for many years

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'd take mingo and have him play OLB with Luke in the middle. That could be pretty scary having them two as linebackers for many years

I think Mingo doesnt really fit the mold as a 43 olb. We wouldnt be doing our self or Mingo a favorite if we drafted him as a 43 olb. Jarvis Jones is the only projected 34 olb that I can see making an easy transition to a 43 olb in the next level.

#24 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Yes thats exactly what I think. If Indy or NYJ lands a top 5, no way will Jones fall out the top 5. A lot of teams that may end up drafting high runs a 43 and will look for other positions to fill (i.e. QB, DE, DT). I would not be surprise to see Jones still on the board after the first 5 picks have gone by. Jones imo is the best pass rusher in next year draft who already have 5.5 sacks this year and 13.5 a season ago. Hes almost the same size and weight as Miller. A lot of scouts seemed to also think that Jones can be a Von Miller type OLB in a 43 and I wouldnt doubt it. Even though we have a log jam at the lb position, Jones bring a different kind of skill sets to the position and his ability to rush will make up for our lack of rushing to the qb.

I've slept on this thought, and I'm now completely on board with Jones if the two DT's are off the board, and we can move one of our other high dollar LB in Beason or Anderson. He's the best play maker on the defensive side of the ball in this draft class, and that is something we desperately need....

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

I've slept on this thought, and I'm now completely on board with Jones if the two DT's are off the board, and we can move one of our other high dollar LB in Beason or Anderson. He's the best play maker on the defensive side of the ball in this draft class, and that is something we desperately need....

Completely agree.
I thought about this for a couple weeks now but thought that it was a crazy idea at first. But since seeing that Beason hasn't been the same and Kuechly looked great in the middle, taking Jarvis Jones isn't a crazy idea anymore. Anderson is productive but he's not great and I can't see TD being here for another year or two.

#26 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

I would nut if we got Clowney.

#27 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

I like the idea of taking Jarvis Jones. He could be like Von Miller or Kiwanuka for us. I'd hate to see Anderson go since he has grown into a solid player for us. Beason has to stay because he is an impact player when 100% healthy. But, would Beason play WLB or SLB?

Jarvis Jones also would help our scheme versatility. We can easily switch in and out of a 4-3 or 3-4. He is a legitimate pass rushing threat as a 3-4 OLB.

#28 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,549 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

the only way i would like the Jones pick was if we switched to a 3-4 or he was getting switched to a full time DE.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

the only way i would like the Jones pick was if we switched to a 3-4 or he was getting switched to a full time DE.

I can really see Jones as an 43 OLB and not just a 34.
I cant see Jones as a DE. Hes only 6'3" and 240lbs, way too small for a DE.

#30 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

I like the idea of taking Jarvis Jones. He could be like Von Miller or Kiwanuka for us. I'd hate to see Anderson go since he has grown into a solid player for us. Beason has to stay because he is an impact player when 100% healthy. But, would Beason play WLB or SLB?

Jarvis Jones also would help our scheme versatility. We can easily switch in and out of a 4-3 or 3-4. He is a legitimate pass rushing threat as a 3-4 OLB.

Jones has been compared to Miller. A lot of scouts believe he can be a 43 olb. A team like the Colts may take him as an OLB bc Freeney will probably let go at then end of the season and Mathis is the other OLB. Cleveland is a 43 team that may also be in the mix for Jones and take him as a 43 OLB.

Anderson has grown but hes an average lb. He cant drop back in coverage or rush the passer. Beason can probably be move to either olb spot or if we can find someone to take him off our hands, that would save us a lot of cap to work a DT or CB in FA also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com