Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Manager/Directors

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Sitting here watching teams that aren't the Carolina Panthers got me nosing through the directors of teams that are yearly playoff contenders. I think the majority of Panther fans can agree that no matter what happens during the remainder of this year that it is time to part ways with the Hurney era! It's run its course and its just stagnant now!

Not saying we need to fire Rivera or trade a certain player, we just need a new direction and new braintrust. So who would it be? My preference would be Eric Decosta, but that's not happening.

Posted

It's JR not Hurney

Posted

Until JR turns the reins over then we can do nothing but hope he hires someone that can work better with him on creating a yearly contender. I have no ill will towards Hurney, but it has run its course!

Posted

Hurney is going no where, face it that's just JR for ya

Posted

I know it may be a long shot but I like Eric Decosta. I also think Marc Ross Giants Director of College scouting and Ron Hughes Steelers Director of College scouting would also be good fits.

1 person likes this

Posted

You would really have to think that JR is over it also! He may not make the moves that we want him to make, but he will make moves after god awful seasons and if we lose to the cowboys then we are done!

Posted

He may not have done it when and how we would have, but there are plenty of former Panther employees that were shown the door by JR.

This attitude of "JR will never fire Hurney" is pure speculation.

Nothing wrong with speculation, but don't try and pass it off as fact.

1 person likes this

Posted

IMO Hurney has needed to go for awhile now. Just shows me that JR really does not give a ish because you would have to be blind to say that this guy doesn't deserve to be fired.

Posted

IMO Hurney has needed to go for awhile now. Just shows me that JR really does not give a ish because you would have to be blind to say that this guy doesn't deserve to be fired.

Agreed, Hurney would have been gone after 2010 at the latest.

Plenty of reasons to get rid of him prior to that time too.

Hurney doesn't have a contract, I don't take that as a compliment like some on here do.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hurney sounds like a guy that may resign at the end of the year for the sake of team

Posted

I know many don't agree but I would like to see hurney stay in some form but we need a brain trust that can make better draft moves and will sign the right personnel to field a better team from too to bottom.

Posted

Until JR turns the reins over then we can do nothing but hope he hires someone that can work better with him on creating a yearly contender. I have no ill will towards Hurney, but it has run its course!

There's no real evidence to indicate Richardson is a "hands on" guy in the day to day of the team (speculative articles by WFNZ interns notwithstanding).

The issue I have with Richardson is that he seems to overvalue good working relationships, to the point that he'll forgive poor performance by a guy like Marty Hurney because the two of them work well together. Whereas other guys like Bill Polian, with whom Richardson didn't mesh at all, have less leeway.

Hurney's the same way, hence why we hold on to 'good guy's past their prime.

2 people like this