#1 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...vesontheeconomy

Good read from U.S. News about the President.

Some quotes:

Obama also is eager to enact an overhaul of the nation's healthcare system that would move toward universal health coverage and, he hopes, lower costs. ... In addition, White House officials say, the healthcare issue has increased in importance, moving from a moral issue to a moral and practical one. This represents a contrast from the Clinton administration, when overhauling the healthcare system failed under the weight of practical concerns such as whether the version pushed by Bill and Hillary Clinton in 1993 and 1994 would have the government intrude too much into the medical system. There is a deep belief among many experts that the healthcare costs are breaking the national budget and the budgets of millions of businesses, families, and individuals. Reform would be a "moral good since it's an embarrassment to have so many uninsured," the senior White House official says, "but there's now a fiscal imperative to fix it. There's a whole new momentum behind reform."

Polls show that more than 60 percent of Americans approve of his job performance so far, with overwhelming support from Democrats and strong support from independents. Republicans are solidly opposed to him, but the percentage of self-identified GOP voters is declining.

Obama is pushing the political pendulum from the conservative approach of Ronald Reagan, who said government was the problem, to a more liberal philosophy that holds that only Washington has the wherewithal to provide the answers. More than anything else, he has brought big, activist government back into play.

Sweet. :sifone:

#2 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

IMO its not blazing a new trail more just caching up with the world. Its sad when Cuba has a better health care system then us. With that said the insurance company's are gonna Lobby him to death so I hope he has a strong game plan.

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,155 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

IMO its not blazing a new trail more just caching up with the world. Its sad when Cuba has a better health care system then us. With that said the insurance company's are gonna Lobby him to death so I hope he has a strong game plan.

Holy sh*t man............................................................ You liberals are so f*cking misguided. All hail The Barry. LOL

Your boy did a GREAT job of getting Guantanimo shut down. LOL :cheers2:

#4 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:46 PM

Holy sh*t man............................................................ You liberals are so f*cking misguided. All hail The Barry. LOL

Yep and holy shnikies!! ... we are now inept when it comes to terrorist defense because we shut down Gitmo. God help our Cuban based asses.

#5 Spike

Spike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

Its a big stretch to say Cuba has a better health care system. And look at countries with full universal health care...the patients are subsidized, if you will. The care and time with doctors is both average at best but usually sub par, everything is within a budget, etc. And these are countries with fractions of the population of the U.S.

An overhaul of the health care system is needed, but it does not need to become a government mandate, so much as regulation needs to be put on the insurance companies. America is too vast for universal health care to work.

#6 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:48 AM

Have you ever been to the post office or DMV? Is that the kind of service you want from your doctors?

Next.

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:50 AM

I just love watching all you conservatives hoping for america to fail.

Traitors.

Enjoy.

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:01 AM

Traitors.

Enjoy.

Arrogance, thy name is Zod. YOUR ways are the ways of proven failure.

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:06 AM

Arrogance, thy name is Zod. YOUR ways are the ways of proven failure.

lol

<points to last 8 years, laughs.>

#10 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,070 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:28 AM

All of these tree hugging liberals waiting for a handout would surely love Universal Healthcare.....another freebie at the expense of those who worked hard, got an education, and made a success of their lives.

#11 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,155 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

Traitors.

Enjoy.

I just love watching liberals line up and say "Me, me, me, me, me!!!!" if there is ever the prospect of a free government handout.

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:06 AM

I just love watching liberals line up and say "Me, me, me, me, me!!!!" if there is ever the prospect of a free government handout.

But Amsterdam has free health care!

#13 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

:lol: You silly little man I am an Independent. Far from a liberal but the fact is I and prob you will never see social security and when we turn old and gray I dont want to see 1,000's of dollar of medical bills rolling in.

#14 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

All of these tree hugging liberals waiting for a handout would surely love Universal Healthcare.....another freebie at the expense of those who worked hard, got an education, and made a success of their lives.

Do you have kids? Do you think I enjoy paying for their education? I do....because I understand the importance of educating and investing in our future.

#15 Spike

Spike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:27 AM

I am actually a very liberal person. My stance on universal health care has nothing to do with party ideology, and everything to do with the fact that it would drive us further in debt that Obama has already started(dont get me stared on the $700 billion democratic circle jerk, er, stimulus plan that is mostly pork and what little "stimulus" there is will do very little to stimulate the economy). More spending is never the answer. We should let businesses fail, no business is too big to fail. If they failed in the first place, obviously it wasnt viable to begin with.

Health care administered by the government would be the same. The country is too big to work anyway, add in the prohibitive cost and it will be an abject failure, much like FDR's new deal, and will actually lengthen the recession, much like the new deal and other works projects FDR instituted greatly lengthened the Great Depression.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.