Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama is Blazing a New Trail . . .

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

moped repair shops only have an old AM radio, so all I get is Rush and that impossibly old guy and his creepy woman friend on WBT.

Posted · Report post

Where did it ever become my responsibility to support others just because I worked hard and made a success of my life.

That's not a reasonable attitude, honestly. I mean, you can ignore uninsured people all you want, but if they're sick enough or bleeding profusely enough, then they're going to show up at the ER. And when they can't pay, the costs get spread around to all of us. Believe it or not, some kind of universal insurance plan, or a combination of private or Universal that increases accessibility and lowers costs, would very likely end up saving you and many others a lot of money. Instead of holding on to anger, look for solutions.

As for being a success, plenty of successful people -- from Obama to Bill Gates -- realize that the current medical system is seriously harming the country and that drastic changes are needed.

Posted · Report post

Government healthcare will be as successful and sustainable as social security. Which will not be available in 10-15 years.

Posted · Report post

Government healthcare will be as successful and sustainable as social security. Which will not be available in 10-15 years.

Thats kinda like saying if you win a the lotto, you will spend it all and be flat broke. Its possible but I still would like to take the ride.