#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,087 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

Do you have kids? Do you think I enjoy paying for their education? I do....because I understand the importance of educating and investing in our future.

Yes i do have kids...and yes I am putting away money to invest in their future.

The problem is that the people who want universal Healthcare because it means they get something for free fail to understand that someone is in fact paying for it....just not them. Their stance that others can afford to pay and therefore should pay for them is absurd.

I am all for helping someone who is working to help themselves. Problem is there are WAY too many people looking to "work" the system.

Point in fact...I was watching TV yesterday morning in the waiting room of a Ballantyne based automotive repair shop (getting new tires on car). An infomercial came on that was all about how there is grant money, bailout money, etc.. for people to receive....and the whole bit was about how they did not have to pay it back.

Person after person gave testimonials how they got "free money" for house downpayments, renovations, starting a new business, etc.... Everyone of them kept talking about how it was free...and they did not have to pay for it.

Fact is that every dollar these freeloaders get come on the backs of others who are paying into the system.

#17 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,264 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:46 AM

I looked at my previous statement and may need to clarify it because it may sound like I have kids. I do not have kids yet I pay for education because I understand the benefits to education (plus I think homeschooled kids are friggin weird) So should only people that use a specific service have to pay for it? I don't think so...the burden should be spread across everyone.

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

I just love watching liberals line up and say "Me, me, me, me, me!!!!" if there is ever the prospect of a free government handout.

Yeah, I would be right there with them if I was not busy owning my own business, providing my own healthcare, etc.

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,087 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

I looked at my previous statement and may need to clarify it because it may sound like I have kids. I do not have kids yet I pay for education because I understand the benefits to education (plus I think homeschooled kids are friggin weird) So should only people that use a specific service have to pay for it? I don't think so...the burden should be spread across everyone.

sorry dude...just tired of hearing and seeing people want more and more for free. Nothing is for free.

Where did it ever become my responsibility to support others just because I worked hard and made a success of my life.

We could pay for damn near all of this if we could somehow stop the sheer waste and mismanagment that goes on in the current programs.

#20 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, I would be right there with them if I was not busy owning my own business, providing my own healthcare, etc.

This...... As a person coming from a small family owned business we all have to pay of health care and its not cheep. Think how much Business could save without having to give health care to there worker. Thats extra pay that goes into the workers pockets. Thats why I dont understand why anyone would not want to know the hospitals are gonna take care of you when you need it.

#21 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,894 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

:lol: You silly little man I am an Independent. Far from a liberal but the fact is I and prob you will never see social security and when we turn old and gray I dont want to see 1,000's of dollar of medical bills rolling in.

Good, cause you will not see thousands of dollars of medical bills. Because if The Barry gets his way and we get socialized healthacre, we will be sent off to pasture to die when we get old. You see, that's what happens when you ration health care. You weigh the pros of saving a 30-40 year old versus the cons of saving a 70 year old. The government decides whose life is more important.

:lol: Silly little liberal hiding behind the independent tag so he can sit on the sidelines.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,264 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

It's ok to save the babies before they are born but once they get here they're fuged.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

The problem is that the people who want universal Healthcare because it means they get something for free fail to understand that someone is in fact paying for it....just not them. Their stance that others can afford to pay and therefore should pay for them is absurd.

I am all for helping someone who is working to help themselves. Problem is there are WAY too many people looking to "work" the system.

Point in fact...I was watching TV yesterday morning in the waiting room of a Ballantyne based automotive repair shop (getting new tires on car). An infomercial came on that was all about how there is grant money, bailout money, etc.. for people to receive....and the whole bit was about how they did not have to pay it back.

Person after person gave testimonials how they got "free money" for house downpayments, renovations, starting a new business, etc.... Everyone of them kept talking about how it was free...and they did not have to pay for it.

Fact is that every dollar these freeloaders get come on the backs of others who are paying into the system.

Getting my "information" from infomercials while waiting in a car repair shop, why didn't I think of that?

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

Getting my "information" from infomercials while waiting in a car repair shop, why didn't I think of that?

Cause you ride a moped?

#25 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

moped repair shops only have an old AM radio, so all I get is Rush and that impossibly old guy and his creepy woman friend on WBT.

#26 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

Where did it ever become my responsibility to support others just because I worked hard and made a success of my life.

That's not a reasonable attitude, honestly. I mean, you can ignore uninsured people all you want, but if they're sick enough or bleeding profusely enough, then they're going to show up at the ER. And when they can't pay, the costs get spread around to all of us. Believe it or not, some kind of universal insurance plan, or a combination of private or Universal that increases accessibility and lowers costs, would very likely end up saving you and many others a lot of money. Instead of holding on to anger, look for solutions.

As for being a success, plenty of successful people -- from Obama to Bill Gates -- realize that the current medical system is seriously harming the country and that drastic changes are needed.

#27 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

Government healthcare will be as successful and sustainable as social security. Which will not be available in 10-15 years.

#28 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

Government healthcare will be as successful and sustainable as social security. Which will not be available in 10-15 years.

Thats kinda like saying if you win a the lotto, you will spend it all and be flat broke. Its possible but I still would like to take the ride.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.