Photo
- - - - -

With Kalil Gone...

Offense

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Offense (36 member(s) have cast votes)

With Kalil Out do we go back to basics on Offense

1. Yes (17 votes [47.22%])

Percentage of vote: 47.22%

2. No (19 votes [52.78%])

Percentage of vote: 52.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Tolbert is great in pass pro though....just wanna line up in the I formation or singleback, just having our QB under center running normal plays would be great. How is he supposed to grow as a player if the offensive system is holding him back

#17 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

We'll probably see more plays from the Rick Moranis playbook.

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,894 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thats precisely what the Cowboys will expect us to do.

Instead, double reverse run option flea flicker.

Hey, we ran that play Saturday in our 5-7 year old flag football game. We fooled those little 49ers bastards and dropped 45 points on them. My defense only gave up one first down because the 16 year old referee was blind! For $7 a game youd think they could get better refs. I run a 2-5 zone defense that is beast mode. Only been scored on twice.

Feel free to reach out to me Chud and Ron. I'll be glad to offer a clinic at your offices.

#19 NeedSumD

NeedSumD

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

And why must we play action on every pass play? Cam is a play action in its self he is always a threat to run with it. So the play action every play is kinda stupid as well. I think most of our problem most of the time is Chus tries to get to cute.

#20 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

And why must we play action on every pass play? Cam is a play action in its self he is always a threat to run with it. So the play action every play is kinda stupid as well. I think most of our problem most of the time is Chus tries to get to cute.

Not true. We run a play action fake (whether under center or a fake handoff in the gun) way less than 50% of the time. I think we need to run fake much more than we do now on passing downs.

Between the formations we run and the lack of fakes, it is very easy for a defense to know ahead of time what we are doing.

#21 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Should we or will we?

I think we should

I think we won't

I believe they spent the entire off-season thinking they were so clever with this option stuff and we are going to live and die by it this season.

#22 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Seems like the huddle is pretty split on this thus far. 13 people think we will go back to basics while 11 of you think we won't.

This Sunday will be interesting for a number of reasons concerning this team. The Staff has had two weeks to prepare for Dallas and review/change/tweak their gameplan/philosophies. The loss of Kalil no doubt will be a major blow to that line.

I'm gonna try to go into this game with a level head, but if we get that offense rolling and the defensive front that showed up down in ATL can put some pressure on Romo, we might just get Dallas to beat themselves.

Still waiting to hear if Claiborne and Murray will be out or not.

#23 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Where is everyone's faith in Geoff Hangartner? I have faith in the man. He's blocked down the field, pretty well too. He's played center before, here and in Buffalo, and hopefully understands Chud's playbook as well as anyone on that line. Who knows, maybe he can calm Cam down, get him to decide faster. Or get everyone else to do what they're supposed to and enjoy the game.

And hahahahahahahahaha at everyone that didn't believe me when I said that Geoff would be center if Kalil went down. :roadrage:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com