Photo
- - - - -

Remember, race has nothing to do with it...

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#136 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Again, whenever you want to dispute the validity of how laziness and poverty are intertwined, feel free to speak up. Otherwise, all you have to say is a tired tactic of screaming racism when you have nothing to stand on

capitalism necessitates that a percentage of the workforce be unemployed, and tons of people are unemployed on the heels of "the great recession." poverty is unavoidable, and attributing it to laziness is p fuging funny considering you can actually work for a living and still live in poverty, and odds are if you're "working poor" you're working way fuging harder than some dipshit hedge fund manager

anyway yeah if your argument is that poor people are lazy, and you acknowledge that black people are more likely to be poor, you are essentially saying that black people are lazier than white people. you are disregarding a wide range of factors that lead to poverty and prevent upward mobility

#137 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Ahh yes, more with the mind reading... Of course you know what everyone thinks better than they do themselves.

Please enlighten us all more with your clairvoyance...

please explain how you could hold the view that poor people are lazy, acknowledge that black people are more likely to be poor, and yet somehow not imply that black people are inherently lazier than white people

i'll wait

#138 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,705 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

please explain how you could hold the view that poor people are lazy, acknowledge that black people are more likely to be poor, and yet somehow not imply that black people are inherently lazier than white people

i'll wait

Only person here implying that is you.

Who even said black people are more likely to be poor? Hell of a lot of poor white people.

#139 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

statistically black people are overrepresented in poverty

this is like very, very basic stuff here and if you aren't even aware of that then i don't have a fuging clue why you'd get involved in a thread titled "remember, race has nothing to do with it..."

#140 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

statistically black people are overrepresented in poverty

this is like very, very basic stuff here and if you aren't even aware of that then i don't have a fuging clue why you'd get involved in a thread titled "remember, race has nothing to do with it..."

And overrepresented by democrats.....for sixty years!!!!! Hows that working out for them?

#141 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

durr hurr who said black people are more likely to be poor hurrrrr

Poverty and race/ethnicity

The US Census declared that in 2010 15.1% of the general population lived in poverty:[30]
9.9% of all non-Hispanic white persons
12.1% of all Asian persons
26.6% of all Hispanic persons (of any race)
27.4% of all black persons.

try the US census

#142 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,705 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

durr hurr who said black people are more likely to be poor hurrrrr

try the US census

Funny how you use percentages when it fits your argument and total numbers when that fits your argument. 9.9% of whites is more people than 27% of blacks... 26% of Hispanics is probably more than 276 ot blacks... But you go right ahead assuming that when someone makes a comment they're automatically racist against blacks, because hey, It's what you do.

You are far worse about making baseless assumptions than pretty much anyone on this board... Especially when it comes to you "explaining" what someone else means or is thinking.

Some poor people are lazy... Most are not... Some middle class people are lazy, most are not... And so forth... I would hazzard to say that rich people, especially those with family money are the laziest... Because they can afford to be.

#143 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

explain to me how the raw number is more valuable than the rate in this discussion

1 in 4 black people live in poverty. 1 in 10 white people live in poverty. when someone asserts that poor people are lazy, and they acknowledge that black people are more likely to live in poverty, they are literally saying that black people are inherently lazier than white people. there's no getting around it.

i hope you didn't waste your money on a STEM degree, assuming you went to college (which in and of itself is a hell of an assumption) because goddamn you're helpless when numbers are involved

#144 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,705 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

it is obvious for anyone with eyes to see that lazy persons are FAR more likely to be unemployed and in poverty than otherwise. take that any way you like.

ah yes "lazy persons are FAR more likely to be unemployed and in poverty" and of course black people are more likely to live in poverty, therefore:

He said lazy persons are more likely to be unemployedand thus poor... You are the one that brought in black people to his post...

Raw total numbers in this instance certainly make more sense to look at for your silly argument... Especially since you've completely left the Hispanic demographic out of it...

Yes I have a college degree, maybe when you graduate middle school what some of us say on here will make more sense to you.

#145 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

capitalism necessitates that a percentage of the workforce be unemployed, and tons of people are unemployed on the heels of "the great recession." poverty is unavoidable, and attributing it to laziness is p fuging funny considering you can actually work for a living and still live in poverty, and odds are if you're "working poor" you're working way fuging harder than some dipshit hedge fund manager

anyway yeah if your argument is that poor people are lazy, and you acknowledge that black people are more likely to be poor, you are essentially saying that black people are lazier than white people. you are disregarding a wide range of factors that lead to poverty and prevent upward mobility

Again, if you simply don't wish to answer the question, be honest about it. If someone is lazy, what are the chances they will be poor in America. If they work hard, what are the chances they will be poor?

As for capitalism necessitating an unemployment rate, you are now down to yanking that poo straight from your ass. Does anyone actually buy your brand of bullshit?

#146 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

he didn't substantiate his argument

his entire argument is poor people are lazy because I CAN TELL. "laziness and poverty are intertwined" because don't worry about why just trust me. hurrrrrrr anyone with eyes can see it therefore i don't have to actually back it up because i know some republican dipshit is going to come along and cheer lead for me anyway

i left hispanics out because an hispanic person can be white or black. i get that you don't understand this because i'm aware that you don't understand many things

#147 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Again, if you simply don't wish to answer the question, be honest about it. If someone is lazy, what are the chances they will be poor in America. If they work hard, what are the chances they will be poor?

As for capitalism necessitating an unemployment rate, you are now down to yanking that poo straight from your ass. Does anyone actually buy your brand of bullshit?

given the sad state of social mobility in america, working hard doesn't guarantee poo

there are tons of minimum wage jobs and part time jobs that are difficult as fug and no matter how hard you work at them you're not going to rise above poverty. the american dream is a myth and your naivety is just precious.

anyway in response to capitalism necessitating an unemployment rate, here's a good write up on the subject:

1. Capitalism requires an excess supply of labour in order to bid down wage growth and industrial militancy. When Norman Lamont said unemployment was a “price well worth paying” to get wage inflation down, he was just blurting out the truth seen by Kalecki 50 years earlier – that “unemployment is an integral part of the ‘normal’ capitalist system.”
2. Capitalism needs the unemployed to look for work – to be an effective supply of labour. This requires that they be “incentivized” to seek jobs by meagre unemployment benefits and by being stigmatized. In other words, the unemployed must be made unhappy.
3. Blaming the unemployed for their plight serves a two-fold function in legitimating capitalism. It distracts attention from the fact that unemployment is caused by structural failings in capitalism, sometimes magnified by policy error. And in promoting the cognitive bias which says that individuals are the makers of their own fate, it invites the inference that, just as the poor deserve their poverty, so the rich deserve their wealth.

Sometimes I forget that people do not realize what unemployment in a modern capitalist economy actually is. There are of course different types of unemployment, but even in good times, around 4-6% of people actively seeking work will never be able to find it. That is because the central bank intentionally creates unemployment — usually by increasing interest rates — to keep inflation under control. When unemployment dips below those levels, the bargaining power of workers increases substantially, giving them the ability to bargain up their wages, which can generate inflation. At least, that is what mainstream macroeconomics claims.

When people blame the unemployed, they do so under a misunderstanding of the nature of the modern capitalist economy. It would not matter if everyone worked as hard as possible and became as educated as possible. At least 4-6% of people at any given time will not be able to find employment. If those 4-6% find employment, it will necessarily be at the expense of 4-6% of those currently employed. The inflation stabilization policies of central banks ensure it.

This then creates a very serious contradiction in the normative and political-administrative spheres of society. The moralizing tendencies to berate the unemployed make absolutely no sense: it is not their fault. At the same time, if we do not blame the unemployed and make them feel bad about being jobless, then the whole point of intentionally creating unemployment will fail. If unemployed people are not made to feel absolutely terrible, they may be less likely to desperately seek out work, which means they will not bargain down wages, which means inflation will not be kept under control.

So the contradiction is apparent. To keep inflation under control, we have to simultaneously force 4-6% of the population to be unemployed, and then we have to falsely make them feel like they are to blame for the unemployment. This is totally abusive. It’s like punching some random person in the face, and then making them feel terrible and self-conscious about having a black eye.

meanwhile, you have offered no evidence to really substantiate anything you've said because when i post a widely agreed upon thing it's just "my brand of bullshit" and when you post some stupid poo like "anyone with eyes can just see it! proof? who needs proof?" it's just a real honest rational conservative making a strong argument, right?

#148 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

he didn't substantiate his argument

his entire argument is poor people are lazy because I CAN TELL. "laziness and poverty are intertwined" because don't worry about why just trust me. hurrrrrrr anyone with eyes can see it therefore i don't have to actually back it up because i know some republican dipshit is going to come along and cheer lead for me anyway

i left hispanics out because an hispanic person can be white or black. i get that you don't understand this because i'm aware that you don't understand many things

You might want to entertain the notion that the reason people don't agree with you is because you are wrong. I realize you are so invested in this mindset that to admit that it might be wrong is a colossal undertaking. However, there is no amount of verbal gymnastics that will change what is true and what is not. If you wish to be taken seriously on any front, you'll eventually have to address the fundamental truth that lies at the heart of this matter. Until then, there is nothing more that can be said to sway anyone. It's all just arguing to win some imaginary game of points that has nothing to do with the truth.

#149 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

the same person who thinks capitalism does not necessitate a particular level of unemployment had the nerve to say "However, there is no amount of verbal gymnastics that will change what is true and what is not"

lol

#150 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Congratulations. Your level of obtuse has spiraled to full retard. Good luck with selling your snake oil. You'll make a great politician.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com