• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#31 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

MrTD - I do not intend to offend you or anyone else. I am a southern man myself, but the assumption that I am not from Dallas when I mentioned my Dad is coming from Dallas is a poor assumption by Rock'n'Roll.

We are sitting 40 yard line first row.

Any suggestions on where to eat (besides poo) or what to do (kill myself) with my 60 year old Dad would be appreciated.

Don't worry, these assholes don't attend the games because would entail stepping away from their online world. The stadium will be full of other asshole redneck Cowboys fans so you will have no issues.

#32 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,778 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

When I go to Charlotte there are two places I enjoy. Showmars has an awesome Gyro. Several locations around the city. If you like motorcycles there is a sports bar and grill with a Harley theme called Iron Thunder. It is off I 85 exit 49 in front of a the Harley dealership. Compare it to Hooters but better food and the girls are less "perfect" in a better way than at Hooters. This is right near the NASCAR HOF.

No, that's close to the speedway. The HOF is a few blocks from BOA Stadium.

#33 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,223 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

I bet the OP is also a Yankee fan, a Dale Jr fan, a Laker fan, and a Miami Heat fan.

#34 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

You will want to hang out around the "Big Saver Food Mart" where Dalton Ave meets North Tryon. Lots of fun folk in the streets there.

I recommend windows down, volume up!

#35 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Check out Druid Hills for a nice evening stroll :)

#36 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi guys - I am flying in Friday from the Twin Cities, MN (my Dad from Dallas) to come see the Cowboys vs. Panthers game this weekend.

My Dad and I visit a new stadium each year and each time rely on the locals in guiding us to must see, must do things. We typically get a stadium tour of each place, but any other suggestions of where to eat or things we need to do while we are there is much appreciated.

Don't worry, we have some Carolina fans coming to visit who live a few hours away, so our camp will be half Cowboy blue / half Carolina blue.

Good luck this weekend...

Welcome to the boards. It is a shame that there are some absolute morons on this board who find it necessary to rip you apart for coming to a game with your dad. Dont worry tho when you go to the game you will be dealing with more Cowboy fans then these type of people any way. There are a lot of bars and good places to eat downtown. I havent lived in Charlotte for quite a few years but you will be able to find a lot if you just drive into the city. If you are into NASCAR, which I know not many from outsdie the south are, you can always go to the Hall of Fame. I hope you and your father have a great trip. Once again ignore the select few clowns.

#37 FutureDynasty

FutureDynasty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

PRICE'S CHICKEN COOP - it's not open on Sundays and Mondays but if you can make it by there on Saturday or still here Tuesday then i highly recommend it!!! It's is right by downtown, maybe 5 min. from the stadium at most. anyway here is a link: http://www.priceschickencoop.com/ oh btw it's take-out only so don't go there expecting to sit down and eat.

#38 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,557 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

Lots and I mean LOTS of warnings and bans are on the way for posts in this thread.

#39 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Price's Chicken Coop taste like public school cafeteria food and gives you the squirts 9 out of 10 times.

#40 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,896 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

Please feel free to attend our tailgate on Sunday ....the time and location will be posted later today ....we are just mean jerks online but very harmless in person when we have beer in us :)

#41 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Bad Daddy's Burger Bar is one of my favorites. Cabo Fish Taco is pretty well known.

#42 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,608 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Posted Image

#43 pantherfreak

pantherfreak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

oh look a cowboys fan that's not even from texas, I AM SO COMPLETELY FUKKING SHOCKED

eat sh-t

kill yourself

Not surprised at all by this being the first response.

#44 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

Cowboy fans coming to the game on sunday? What the hell? Are the Texans on a bye week?

#45 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

oh look a cowboys fan that's not even from texas, I AM SO COMPLETELY FUKKING SHOCKED

eat sh-t

kill yourself

This is why we can't have nice things in the way of a football team. This is why we're losers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com