Photo
- - - - -

Fox is 41-3 when his team scores 26 points...

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 panthers90

panthers90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

haha, I know this is a stupid thread, but it's at least somewhat interesting...

Should we have really let Fox go?

His defenses were always respectable, and look at what he did with The Golden Calf of Bristol... imagine what he could have done with Cam!

#2 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

From an outside perspective, the move probably looks bad because Rivera isn't doing great.. but I think the entire NFL could see the end for Fox in Carolina, I don't think it was a "right" or "wrong" move... it was just time. Once the Panthers start winning (probably with a different coach), this issue will pass.

#3 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Fox was not what I would call one of the more creative coaches when it came to the offensive side of the ball.

Not sure how much of that was him and how much was the Panther's front office philosophy.

Denver is a much better situation for Fox. Peyton Manning handles the offense and Fox can focus on what he does best, defense.

#4 YoureWelcome

YoureWelcome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Fox needed a change of scenery.

He was a wayyyy better coach than Rivera, just needed a different place to prove it.

He couldn't handle being hurnied anymore.

#5 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

I believe a successful John Fox in Denver will help speed the demise of Marty Hurney in Carolina.

It is what I call a win / win for John Fox and Carolina Panther fans everywhere.

#6 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

One of those 3 loses being in the Super Bowl :(

#7 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

I'm guessing NFL teams typically win when they score 26 points.

That said, I think Fox did a pretty good job with the Panthers and frankly, so did Jake. But it was time to move on.

#8 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,045 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

I don't think Fox did anything with The Golden Calf of Bristol and he wouldn't have done anything with Cam. I don't believe Fox can take any credit for any offensive success.

I will say, however, that if Fox were still here we obviously wouldn't have as "creative" an OC as Chud, and Cam's growth in running a real NFL system might be a little expedited, but his ceiling would probably be stunted.

#9 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

I don't think Fox did anything with The Golden Calf of Bristol and he wouldn't have done anything with Cam. I don't believe Fox can take any credit for any offensive success.

I will say, however, that if Fox were still here we obviously wouldn't have as "creative" an OC as Chud, and Cam's growth in running a real NFL system might be a little expedited, but his ceiling would probably be stunted.

I am not convinced Carolina can develop a QB in house. They seem to by trying to ruin the one they have now.

#10 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

I am not convinced Carolina can develop a QB in house. They seem to by trying to ruin the one they have now.

I wish they'd cut it out with that stupid college option. Every time I see that I'm like ok here goes a 2 yard loss.

#11 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

why the fug are we still always talking about Fox? The guy hasn't been our coach in 2 years and didn't do anything for us when he was our coach. Please move on. My God

#12 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Yeah, he's better than Rivera.

But we needed to move on, as did he. I'll be rooting for the broncos if they make the playoffs, because we won't make it.

#13 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:48 AM

why the fug are we still always talking about Fox? The guy hasn't been our coach in 2 years and didn't do anything for us when he was our coach. Please move on. My God

Took us to a SB and an NFC championship game. He did a good job.

That said it was time for him to go. And most people here are glad to be rid of him. Nobody's dwelling on Fox.

#14 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

I'm guessing NFL teams typically win when they score 26 points.

That said, I think Fox did a pretty good job with the Panthers and frankly, so did Jake. But it was time to move on.

Rivera has already lost 4 games when we scored more than 26 points. That is in 1 1/3 seasons.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,175 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

someone like derek anderson would be starting if fox was here.

cam wouldn't have been drafted unless it was forced on him and that wouldn't have been good for anyone.

ugh...can we please stop having these conversations?

moving on from fox was the right thing to do. his message was old. he had stopped growing (and you could argue he hasn't started back because he got an old QB to come in that he doesn't have to spend any time working with...but not our team so i don't care) and the team no longer responded to him. there was a culture of apathy that needed changing.

you can argue that rivera was the wrong guy to hire, but moving on from fox was the right thing to do.

move on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com