Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janderson20vt

Bill Cowher

96 posts in this topic

The only actual upside I could think to this incredibly new and out of the box idea is that we could replace Hurney Magic with Chin Music.

Whoa, now thats an idea!

Seems to be working well for the Rams and Fisher...

What's the over / under on how many people want us to bring in Andy Reid when he gets fired in Philly?

What's the over / under on how many people want us to bring in Andy Reid when he gets fired in Philly?

I hope not. Reid isnt much different than Chud, he dont like to run the ball that much and prefers a "finesse" offense. I'm all for creativity and flash, but sometimes you gotta go to the basics to get a tough yard or two and Reid seems to struggle with that. No thanks.

I would take Jon Gruden over Bill Cowher.

Hahahahahahaha. This is definately the best we could hope for if Hurney has anything to do with it.

I hope not. Reid isnt much different than Chud, he dont like to run the ball that much and prefers a "finesse" offense. I'm all for creativity and flash, but sometimes you gotta go to the basics to get a tough yard or two and Reid seems to struggle with that. No thanks.

I'm not at all advocating bringing him here. But I'm willing to bet fans are going to be begging for him in droves...just like they are any other retired / fired head coach who has had any measurable success in their career.

While we're rooting for unrealistic options, give me Vince Lombardi. Or Tom Landry. Or Blanton Collier. Maybe Mike Ditka? Oh, I know, Marv Levy.

Dick Vermeil

Thread of the year

1 person likes this

monunmentally bad idea.

at least think of someone relevant and not some dinosaur from a past era.

just because he won a ring (after how many years of trying) and he looks like sgt slaughter and he has a big intimidating jaw and he yells and spits a lot doesn't mean that he'd be a great coach.

btw....cowher wouldn't have been as successful were it not for dick lebeau being his DC for so long.

and don't think grudlen either. dude is vastly overrated and was not liked by his players for being an argumentative and egotistical prick and there's a reason nobody has wanted him for a HC gig other than some community college a couple years ago.