95 replies to this topic

#76 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

Zero to Cowher in just six weeks... that's got to be a record. Just listen to that engine whine.

#77 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,408 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Zero to Cowher in just six weeks... that's got to be a record. Just listen to that engine whine.

it started a whole lot earlier in '09.

#78 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

I hope the players haven't given up like yall have.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,408 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

I hope the players haven't given up like yall have.

if they were smart like the "realists" in here and not a bunch of blind homers they would understand that there's just no point in believing anymore and that they are really just embarrassingly naive to believe they have any chance of doing anything positive this year.

#80 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

i'd rather be a blind homer that fights til his last breathe, than a "realist" who gives up at the first sign of trouble. but thats just me.

#81 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

lets put it this way... If Cam wouldn't have done is Jimmy impersonation on that horrid touchdown pass into the dirt, and if Nakumura could jump just 2 inches higher, the Panthers would be 3-2 and we wouldn't be having this convo.

Lets give Rivera more than 20 games to assure us that we don't suck as bad as we want us to suck so we can keep sucking for Cowher.

#82 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Cowher has matlock at 7. so no monday night games if he took the job.

#83 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Ok Panther let me ask you this then. How many wins do you think this team is going to have if they keep playing like they do?
What do you feel is the reason for our lack of wins?
How many wins did you think they should have earned this season?
Is 1 - 4 acceptable?
If this is acceptable then how much have you been drinking?
If it is not acceptable then why are you better than the "realists" you find at fault? - After all if it is bad then the only difference between them and you is they can say what they mean to other fans of the same team.

I havent made up my mind on the way this season is going. Well besides the playcalling. That said the whole homers are stupid/ realists are dumb thing you are going for is a waste of effort. Just let the season play out and chill.

#84 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

This season has sucked so far I admit it. But its not like we're going 0-16. We should take this time to make fun of bucs and lions. Truth is I know tampa only had a 14 game season with no wins. But I believe they could've gone all the way had been given the chance. We're not the worst and that makes me smile a little bit!

#85 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

But I believe they could've gone all the way had been given the chance.

Kinda.....
The only problem is they had the chance and the carolina panthers blew it due to a bad plan.
So it becomes yet another one of those seasons where we were better than our record.
You tired of moral victories and better than we seem to be seasons yet?

Sorry only area I slightly disagreed otherwise spot on.

#86 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I hate to see any team just roll over and take it. The season should never been done before the last game is played, even if you are mathematically eliminated from any post season activities.

The athletes and coaches make astronomical salaries compared to you and I, even the scrubs on the bench. We pay for the tickets, watch the games, buy the gear. We put that money into their pockets and yes, the frikkin' do owe us their best each and every game day, whether the season still means anything to them or not.

Honestly, if you've lost 11 straight games and you're still getting a paycheck, you better get your sorry ass out there on the field and win or just about die trying.

Dallas is coming up. Somebody on this team better be getting ready to make Jerry Jones cry this Sunday. 53 somebodies.

#87 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I hate to see any team just roll over and take it. The season should never been done before the last game is played, even if you are mathematically eliminated from any post season activities.

The athletes and coaches make astronomical salaries compared to you and I, even the scrubs on the bench. We pay for the tickets, watch the games, buy the gear. We put that money into their pockets and yes, the frikkin' do owe us their best each and every game day, whether the season still means anything to them or not.

Honestly, if you've lost 11 straight games and you're still getting a paycheck, you better get your sorry ass out there on the field and win or just about die trying.

Dallas is coming up. Somebody on this team better be getting ready to make Jerry Jones cry this Sunday. 53 somebodies.

Need to get you into the locker room just prior to game time to fire these guys up.

#88 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Does Cowher have any interest in coaching again? Jerry Richardson should grow a pair of balls and fire Hurney and the coaching staff. Give Cowher full control and just throw money at him.

yep... and then we can read Huddle posts demanding to know why it is taking Cowher more than a year to turn our team around....

#89 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Kinda.....
The only problem is they had the chance and the carolina panthers blew it due to a bad plan.
So it becomes yet another one of those seasons where we were better than our record.
You tired of moral victories and better than we seem to be seasons yet?

Sorry only area I slightly disagreed otherwise spot on.

To be honest, I want us to fight to the death every game. Just trying to find a flicker of light in an otherwise dark and dreary first 6 weeks. And i'm not sure how many morals there are left to conquer. So heres to the next 10 weeks. Hope they are better than the last 6.

#90 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

I love how all of you are making jokes about how unrealistic this is. Cowher is only 55. I wouldn't rule him out on coming back to the NFL.

The rationale was that since Cowher went to State and lives in Raleigh it would be an easy sell, he's even appeared at Hurricanes games.

I can't see it happening though.The hype peaked during the HC job hunt and if he didn't want to coach the team when we were going into the draft with the #1 pick and willing to completely rework our system, why would he want to now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com