- - - - -

The difference between a franchise that wants to win, and us.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Eagles fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo. Andy Reid's quote from the firing was "We're six games through the season, and average isn't good enough. I know the potential on our team and I insist on maximizing it.

We only have 4 losses, and we're on our bye week. If we don't come out with new game plans and a better attitude, somebody better get replaced by a coach that can maximize their potential. Or we can be complacent Carolina for another year.

#2 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

Wanna know whats really sad? When I watch the Browns or the Jags play, I honestly get the sense they have more fire and a desire to win more than we do and they suck pretty hard

#3 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

Eagles fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo. Andy Reid's quote from the firing was "We're six games through the season, and average isn't good enough. I know the potential on our team and I insist on maximizing it.

This was almost a year and a half in the making. It might be six week's into this season but it really is 22 weeks into the problem. It's not like Reid has been quick to make this decision.

#4 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

We only have 4 losses, and we're on our bye week. If we don't come out with new game plans and a better attitude, somebody better get replaced by a coach that can maximize their potential. Or we can be complacent Carolina for another year.

Remember when Fox was on his last legs here and we kept changing coordinators?

I see the same thing going on there. Andy Reid has to be on his last legs as the Eagles head coach and he wants to keep his job. Anyone he can blame is gonna be fired before he's gone. I wouldn't take it as anything but a coach trying to keep his job.

#5 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

This was almost a year and a half in the making. It might be six week's into this season but it really is 22 weeks into the problem. It's not like Reid has been quick to make this decision.

I think after a year and a half with McDermott and two different secondary coaches for him, I have seen enough to say that he will never be able to duplicate Jim Johnson's defense in this league, and it's time to move on.

Chud has good ideas but I really don't know why he isn't mixing it up like last season.

And Rivera is a good coach still in my opinion, he just isn't as firey as us fans would like him to be.

That being said, Murphy and McD should be dead men by next week if we see no improvement.

#6 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Reid put his friend in a situation he was doomed to fail in. Castillo did a respectable job putting togeter a defense that was ranked 12 depite that fact that Reid's offense was the putting them in terrible situations with the second worst turnover ration in the league. Then Reid fires his friend to make him the scapegoat.That certainly isn't how I would want the Panthers to operate.

#7 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,808 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

If the eagles want to win so bad, they should fire Reid

#8 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Reid put his friend in a situation he was doomed to fail in. Castillo did a respectable job putting togeter a defense that was ranked 12 depite that fact that Reid's offense was the putting them in terrible situations with the second worst turnover ration in the league. Then Reid fires his friend to make him the scapegoat.That certainly isn't how I would want the Panthers to operate.

Cut it with the 'friend' talk. This is a job, the Panthers are a organization, McD is an employee and he is performing averagely. If you want to succeed, bring in a better employee for that position.

#9 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Reid is going to be fired after this year and he is just trying to save his own ass. Defense has been better than the offence this year.

#10 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Cut it with the 'friend' talk. This is a job, the Panthers are a organization, McD is an employee and he is performing averagely. If you want to succeed, bring in a better employee for that position.

Reid made really stupid decisions and then made someone else the scapegoat for the problems of his offense. That is just stupid and not how I would want my team to do things. It would be similar to if Rivera had fired Chud last season becuase his offense couldn't score enought to cover his bottom of the league defense.

#11 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,039 posts

It had to be done....that D-line is so talented yet they haven't gotten to the QB in 3 games. Also, when players like Aso start calling out the D coordinator for changing defensive schemes in the 4th qtr of the Lion's game for no good reason, there has to be a change. Sure Reid fired his friend but I am sure Castillo knew it was coming and understands why it was done.

As it relates to the Panthers, shouldn't it be about winning and not protecting your friend's jobs? I think some people underestimate how that excessive loyalty to coaches, players, etc. in an organization can be your downfall and I think it has hurt the Panthers.

#12 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

It had to be done....that D-line is so talented yet they haven't gotten to the QB in 3 games. Also, when players like Aso start calling out the D coordinator for changing defensive schemes in the 4th qtr of the Lion's game for no good reason, there has to be a change. Sure Reid fired his friend but I am sure Castillo knew it was coming and understands why it was done.

As it relates to the Panthers, shouldn't it be about winning and not protecting your friend's jobs? I think some people underestimate how that excessive loyalty to coaches, players, etc. in an organization can be your downfall and I think it has hurt the Panthers.

The fact of the matter is that their defense is 13 in the league in scoring defense and their offense is 31 in scoring offense.

He was the scapegoat and Reid was just covering his ass.

#13 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

You have to be careful with this.....look how many coaching changes the Raiders and Cowpukes have had over the years and they STILL suck compared to say, the Steelers or Packers

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

i wouldn't say it's the sign of a team that wants to win. it sounds like a team that's scared and backed into a corner or at the very least is just pissed and looking for someone to take it out on.

who are they going replace the DC with? do they have someone better in mind to take his place? how is this going to make them better?

i'm just not a fan of midseason firings. i think it's just reactionary and rarely does it have a positive effect on the team. they usually end up having to wait until the offseason to get a person who can actually make things better. worse than that...you still have to pay the guy that got fired if they are still under contract.

the eagles sound like a team in panic mode. reid is probably going to get fired, but he probably should have gotten fired a couple years ago. that team is probably going to have a huge shakeup within their organization in the offseason. this was just a desperation move by one or two of the guys who are afraid of losing their job at the end of the year.

#15 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

......hmmmm isn't that what Hurney did to Fox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.