Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Bwood

The difference between a franchise that wants to win, and us.

30 posts in this topic

You have to be careful with this.....look how many coaching changes the Raiders and Cowpukes have had over the years and they STILL suck compared to say, the Steelers or Packers

2 people like this

i wouldn't say it's the sign of a team that wants to win. it sounds like a team that's scared and backed into a corner or at the very least is just pissed and looking for someone to take it out on.

who are they going replace the DC with? do they have someone better in mind to take his place? how is this going to make them better?

i'm just not a fan of midseason firings. i think it's just reactionary and rarely does it have a positive effect on the team. they usually end up having to wait until the offseason to get a person who can actually make things better. worse than that...you still have to pay the guy that got fired if they are still under contract.

the eagles sound like a team in panic mode. reid is probably going to get fired, but he probably should have gotten fired a couple years ago. that team is probably going to have a huge shakeup within their organization in the offseason. this was just a desperation move by one or two of the guys who are afraid of losing their job at the end of the year.

Reid put his friend in a situation he was doomed to fail in. Castillo did a respectable job putting togeter a defense that was ranked 12 depite that fact that Reid's offense was the putting them in terrible situations with the second worst turnover ration in the league. Then Reid fires his friend to make him the scapegoat.That certainly isn't how I would want the Panthers to operate.

......hmmmm isn't that what Hurney did to Fox?

Maybe, but I don't think Hurney has any say in anything like that.

well...didn't fire him, but most certainly hurney seperated himself from fox which was a smart and shrewd self-preservation move.

i think part of it, though, was that fox had checked out and hurney wasn't ready to go.

lucky us. hurney should have walked out of BOA when fox did. i was just happy that at least one of them was gone, tho.

I would've made reid pay vicks salary out of pocket to begin with. You put together a "dream team" and can't produce, shoulda already been fired to make up the diff on all those dollars wasted. But in honest terms, give the man a 5 year extension. eagles might not be the same without him.

The last thing I'd want my team to do during the season is fire a coordinator. I don't see how that could possibly fix anything.

Your starting QB has 8 INT's and 5 fumbles and your D is the problem.

Your starting QB has 8 INT's and 5 fumbles and your D is the problem.

Yes. I had an Eagles fan ragging me about Cam this past Saturday. I cannot wait to see him Thursday so I can remind him of Vicks 13 turnovers.

I understand that we have problems on D, but they are at least playing a bit better than last year. Our biggest problem this year has been the underperforming O. So the OP wants to make McDermott the scapegoat?

I don't get it.

And just who does the OP want Rivera to replace McD with at this point in the season?