- - - - -

The difference between a franchise that wants to win, and us.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#16 csx

csx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

......hmmmm isn't that what Hurney did to Fox?

Maybe, but I don't think Hurney has any say in anything like that.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

......hmmmm isn't that what Hurney did to Fox?

well...didn't fire him, but most certainly hurney seperated himself from fox which was a smart and shrewd self-preservation move.

i think part of it, though, was that fox had checked out and hurney wasn't ready to go.

lucky us. hurney should have walked out of BOA when fox did. i was just happy that at least one of them was gone, tho.

#18 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

I would've made reid pay vicks salary out of pocket to begin with. You put together a "dream team" and can't produce, shoulda already been fired to make up the diff on all those dollars wasted. But in honest terms, give the man a 5 year extension. eagles might not be the same without him.

#19 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

....The NFL according to Bwood

#20 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

The last thing I'd want my team to do during the season is fire a coordinator. I don't see how that could possibly fix anything.

#21 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Your starting QB has 8 INT's and 5 fumbles and your D is the problem.

#22 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Yes. I had an Eagles fan ragging me about Cam this past Saturday. I cannot wait to see him Thursday so I can remind him of Vicks 13 turnovers.

#23 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

I understand that we have problems on D, but they are at least playing a bit better than last year. Our biggest problem this year has been the underperforming O. So the OP wants to make McDermott the scapegoat?

I don't get it.

#24 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

And just who does the OP want Rivera to replace McD with at this point in the season?

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

And just who does the OP want Rivera to replace McD with at this point in the season?

probably the guy he oringinally wanted...wilks.

supposedly.

#26 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

D has been a problem for almost a year and a half and the most under achieving group in the entire NFL. The players never bought into the scheme and it never worked. Easy to change out a defensive coordinator in that situation to address one of the many problems the Eagle's have.

No doubt that Vick and his turnovers have been a HUGE issue especially this year but benching a $100 million dollar QB and hoping a rookie comes in and saves your season this early on is not an easy trigger to pull. For the record, I wish they would do that at this point but I understand why Reid hasen't.........yet.

#27 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hypothetically, if the defense started regressing and not continuing to show signs of improvement (although they appear to be) could Rivera not take over defensive play calling? I understand he is only in his second year as a HC and that is probably not feasible at this point but could that not be an option? Are their HC's out there that also call the defensive plays? (I really don't know)

#28 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Dan Henning was our Coordinator and did a decent job, implementing some Wildcat packages and being creative while remaining grounded. He then went to Miami and ran a base Wildcat with Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown and had a great year, then the next year turned to poo when everyone figured it out. Chud comes in and runs a great offense, and has some read option plays and QB keepers mixed in. The next year he runs a shotgun triple read option base and has the 29th ranked offense in the league, and is getting killed because people have figured it out. Two different OC's, same exact results. These guys are getting cute.

Then take a defense that says they want to be aggressive and dictate the pace of the game by blitzing a ton, and they'll have success with the blitz early on, get beat once, and give up on the blitz instantly afterward and play soft for the next 50 minutes.

These coordinators need to either hear it from Rivera or be changed. And if Rivera actually likes what he is seeing, he needs to go as well.

#29 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Then take a defense that says they want to be aggressive and dictate the pace of the game by blitzing a ton, and they'll have success with the blitz early on, get beat once, and give up on the blitz instantly afterward and play soft for the next 50 minutes.

These coordinators need to either hear it from Rivera or be changed. And if Rivera actually likes what he is seeing, he needs to go as well.

I believe the staff knows their secondary simply can't cover well enough in order to risk blitzing as much as they would like to.

Jim Johnson could blitz all day becuase he had a top notch secondary all the way across.

#30 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

They need to fire that turnover machine dog killing quarterback.