- - - - -

The difference between a franchise that wants to win, and us.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Reid put his friend in a situation he was doomed to fail in. Castillo did a respectable job putting togeter a defense that was ranked 12 depite that fact that Reid's offense was the putting them in terrible situations with the second worst turnover ration in the league. Then Reid fires his friend to make him the scapegoat.That certainly isn't how I would want the Panthers to operate.

It had to be done....that D-line is so talented yet they haven't gotten to the QB in 3 games. Also, when players like Aso start calling out the D coordinator for changing defensive schemes in the 4th qtr of the Lion's game for no good reason, there has to be a change. Sure Reid fired his friend but I am sure Castillo knew it was coming and understands why it was done.

As it relates to the Panthers, shouldn't it be about winning and not protecting your friend's jobs? I think some people underestimate how that excessive loyalty to coaches, players, etc. in an organization can be your downfall and I think it has hurt the Panthers.

#12 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

It had to be done....that D-line is so talented yet they haven't gotten to the QB in 3 games. Also, when players like Aso start calling out the D coordinator for changing defensive schemes in the 4th qtr of the Lion's game for no good reason, there has to be a change. Sure Reid fired his friend but I am sure Castillo knew it was coming and understands why it was done.

As it relates to the Panthers, shouldn't it be about winning and not protecting your friend's jobs? I think some people underestimate how that excessive loyalty to coaches, players, etc. in an organization can be your downfall and I think it has hurt the Panthers.

The fact of the matter is that their defense is 13 in the league in scoring defense and their offense is 31 in scoring offense.

He was the scapegoat and Reid was just covering his ass.

#13 Kyle82

Kyle82

• LocationRock Hill SC
HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

You have to be careful with this.....look how many coaching changes the Raiders and Cowpukes have had over the years and they STILL suck compared to say, the Steelers or Packers

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

i wouldn't say it's the sign of a team that wants to win. it sounds like a team that's scared and backed into a corner or at the very least is just pissed and looking for someone to take it out on.

who are they going replace the DC with? do they have someone better in mind to take his place? how is this going to make them better?

i'm just not a fan of midseason firings. i think it's just reactionary and rarely does it have a positive effect on the team. they usually end up having to wait until the offseason to get a person who can actually make things better. worse than that...you still have to pay the guy that got fired if they are still under contract.

the eagles sound like a team in panic mode. reid is probably going to get fired, but he probably should have gotten fired a couple years ago. that team is probably going to have a huge shakeup within their organization in the offseason. this was just a desperation move by one or two of the guys who are afraid of losing their job at the end of the year.

#15 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Reid put his friend in a situation he was doomed to fail in. Castillo did a respectable job putting togeter a defense that was ranked 12 depite that fact that Reid's offense was the putting them in terrible situations with the second worst turnover ration in the league. Then Reid fires his friend to make him the scapegoat.That certainly isn't how I would want the Panthers to operate.

......hmmmm isn't that what Hurney did to Fox?

#16 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

Maybe, but I don't think Hurney has any say in anything like that.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

well...didn't fire him, but most certainly hurney seperated himself from fox which was a smart and shrewd self-preservation move.

i think part of it, though, was that fox had checked out and hurney wasn't ready to go.

lucky us. hurney should have walked out of BOA when fox did. i was just happy that at least one of them was gone, tho.

#18 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationnorth carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

I would've made reid pay vicks salary out of pocket to begin with. You put together a "dream team" and can't produce, shoulda already been fired to make up the diff on all those dollars wasted. But in honest terms, give the man a 5 year extension. eagles might not be the same without him.

#19 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

....The NFL according to Bwood

#20 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

The last thing I'd want my team to do during the season is fire a coordinator. I don't see how that could possibly fix anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users