#151 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

That story tells us literally nothing we didn't already know.

#152 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Wait... what? Somebody fill me in

#153 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Gonna needs little bit more context than that to make a fair conclusion

Jerry's as bad an owner as Davidson was a coordinator. Really the only person I like in this story is Smith

#154 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Remember the whole ignore it the first time - doubt the second and belive the 3rd thing? (there are alot of variations and most cant be posted for fear of kurbs shiny banhammer)
This is the 1 thing so dont worry to much. We hear it again and we would need to start getting worried.

#155 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Wait... what? Somebody fill me in

Smitty got into a cat fight with Davidson in 2010. Smitty went directly to JR and told him about it. JR told Davidson if it happens again you're gone.

#156 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,469 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

If you heard the whole interview then its been a clear progression with JR to full circle. He started off with a say in the Panthers, then Seiford was giving full control, Then he allowed Fox and Hurney to run the show, and in he is back where he started with a say in the Panthers. The only way he is going to be convinced that what he is doing is wrong is with the failure of his plan.

Also this story seems very true because of what happened this year with Smith. Smith is on a downward spiral and taking shot at Cam and the coaching staff once again does not really make me feel that Rivera is in control.

#157 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Remember the whole ignore it the first time - doubt the second and belive the 3rd thing? (there are alot of variations and most cant be posted for fear of kurbs shiny banhammer)
This is the 1 thing so dont worry to much. We hear it again and we would need to start getting worried.

wat?

Posted Image

#158 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Guys....My screen name is the night the Carolinas was awarded the franchise. I remember watching from work that night and remember JR saying that he didn't "get into this to lose". Sure , he's a businessman, he cares about the bottom line. It's just hard to belive that he is so dense as to not understand that the fans deserve better.

#159 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,940 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

I get your point but the answer is: Browns*, Raiders, Bengals, Texans*, Cardinals.

*has played fewer seasons than we have.

Thanks!

No it was a honest question. Was just curious.

#160 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

wat?

Posted Image

Dont worry about it - I was playing it safe with a comment to avoid your hammer.

Btw did you just add the chrome to it?

#161 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,445 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Dont worry about it - I was playing it safe with a comment to avoid your hammer.

Btw did you just add the chrome to it?

I rarely ban people...:)

#162 the212

the212

It ain't what it was.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Heard the segment. Posted this topic.

Sorry I did.

#163 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,152 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'm not trying to split hairs here but what evidence do you have that suggests Marty is a "historically bad negotiator" and "has no unique skill set to offer"??

When players are shocked at how much Hurney offers them to remain in Carolina that means money is being wasted. Money that could otherwise be used to retain other talent or attract new talent in free agency.

The "no unique skill set" is in reference the fact that getting under the cap is accomplished by every team in the NFL, every year. In other words, Hurney's skills are not irreplaceable, he is not a cap genius.

Personally, I think Marty is a good guy with numbers and it's not his fault if they throw an assload of money to a bunch of RBs/LBs because after all, it's the Big Cat who is signing the check.

Hurney is constantly up against the cap, limiting the Panther's options in attracting new talent. It may be the Big Cat's money, but operating on the assumption this team is still trying to win the Super Bowl, Marty is responsible for telling JR that the team cannot afford to continue to misallocate funds for a few aging and often injured players. A good GM would tell JR those funds would be better used to attract the free agents needed for the Panthers to compete in this league.

Bill Polian was on WFNZ yesterday and had nothing but praise for Marty. He said that Marty has been trained by the best and is an excellent GM.

Bill must have gone downhill faster than I thought. Doesn't take much time to look at this team's Win/Loss history and determine Marty Hurney is in over his head. That is assuming we are still holding GMs ultimately responsible for a team's performance after more than a decade in the position.

The issue I have with Marty is his talent evaluation. That, of course, is not entirely up to him but he does have something to do with the scouting and player development.

Agreed, tired of Marty trading away next year's draft picks for projects that never seem to pan out.

#164 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

I rarely ban people... :)

he says wiping the blood of falcon trolls from the hammer.

(8 minutes from getting off work bear with me people)

#165 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Read this thread too long...got to page 10. Was waiting for the big revelation. Meh.

I liked Rozinski calling the games. But, put this in perspective. A guy with an ax to grind has a "source" that says............

You guys jumping on this as fact?? Take a breath. Nothing here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.