190 replies to this topic

#16 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

He's on 730 AM. I'm not sure what time he comes on - the show is on 3pm to 6pm. Bill is a normal Tuesday co-host. I'm not sure what time he'll do this segment.

#17 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,870 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

It may be all true, but I don't trust rosinski to have an unbiased view of the ownership given his history.

#18 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hopefully he talks about it between 4:30 and 5--I only catch that segment on the drive home from work. Sounds interesting.

#19 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

The reason the Panthers can't put together a winning season is that pathetic "Build Through the Draft" philosophy. You just can't put together a solid team that way. End of story.

#20 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,869 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

I miss Bill.....I remember listening to him in the early 2000's when he was the announcer for the Panthers and wouldn't think twice about letting a bad call from our coaches go unnoticed while on the air !

#21 mwright350

mwright350

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

The reason the Panthers can't put together a winning season is that pathetic "Build Through the Draft" philosophy. You just can't put together a solid team that way. End of story.

Sort of.

The problem here is that we take that way too far.

You can build a successful team primarily through the draft as long as you a) draft well and B) intelligently supplement your draft choices with free agents where you weren't able to draft an impact player.

We do not draft particularly well or sign intelligent free agents (for the most part).

The problem isn't the philosophy - it's our execution of it.

#22 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

He Hate Me, We Love You!!!

#23 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Sort of.

The problem here is that we take that way too far.

You can build a successful team primarily through the draft as long as you a) draft well and B) intelligently supplement your draft choices with free agents where you weren't able to draft an impact player.

We do not draft particularly well or sign intelligent free agents (for the most part).

The problem isn't the philosophy - it's our execution of it.

Execution..

Damn if I hear that word one more time this season...there'll be an execution.

#24 mwright350

mwright350

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Execution..

Damn if I hear that word one more time this season...there'll be an execution.

I could use implementation if it helps.

I can't stand it with respect to the players because it's become an excuse. But as it relates to the "build through the draft" idea it's apt.

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

I've been saying around the forum since our season started downhill that I questioned how much JR is involved in the gameday decisions/strategy.

I even started to make another post about it in a related thread last night about Fox vs Rivera, but I'm tired of talking about it.

I started to suspect that JR is a more low-key, less visible version of Al Davis. Al was blatant, in your face, and assertive. JR is timid (when it comes to media), low-profile, and very selective about picking his shots - when to make a statement, when not to, etc.

I get the Hurney criticism, but as a fan, I don't know how many haven't already come to the same conclusion I have. Hurney is here, supposedly with "no contract." How does that happen? It happens when a guy is doing what the owner asks him. Look at what happened with Fox. All of the things we have heard coming out of the organization about everything being filtered through JR... Nothing happens without his approval. Supposedly media members have lost their jobs for their handling of Panthers material. And all of the changes over the years, especially during the Fox era and still, nothing changes. Henning, Davidson, Rivera, Chud, etc. Same blunders, same approach, same "play not to lose" mentality.

It's starts from up top with the puppet master.

That being said, I seriously wonder what a "source" could've told Rosinski that he wouldn't have already known, yet is so interesting that it is worth sharing now?

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

It may be all true, but I don't trust rosinski to have an unbiased view of the ownership given his history.

"Disgruntled former employee citing information from unnamed source" doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the credibility of the story for me.

I'll hear it out, but given the circumstances, a grain of salt may be in order.

#27 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Of course you can.

#28 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Looks like our only option is too wait out the old mans demise.

#29 mwright350

mwright350

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Looks like our only option is too wait out the old mans demise.

There are so many things wrong with this.

I'll settle with pointing out that it's a really classless thing to say. I worry about Richardson but there's not a fiber in me that wants him to die.

#30 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Richardson is a business man and he knows results are what matters. 4/17 is awful.

I think it's pretty clear that Hurney is an extension of Richardson. I'm excited to hear this story.

Good ownership plays a huge role in the success of a team. Richardson can be a subpar owner and a good person at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com