#16 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

I never knew bout the Gary guy. And that was the first time he did it.

#17 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Wonder who the guys might be that Smith said to this day haven't forgiven him for the fight with Lucas. This is pretty good so far.

#18 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I never knew bout the Gary guy. And that was the first time he did it.

he never played a game. he attended training camp and then left after steve smith beat him up.

#19 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Man this story on the HS kid from Dallas who got paralyzed from a helmet to helmet is sad as fug. His mom gotta do everything for him. Brush his teeth, feed him, clothe him, buy him wheelchairs and special beds. Thats one strong lady. She does it all by herself. Wow.

#20 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Man this story on the HS kid from Dallas who got paralyzed from a helmet to helmet is sad as fug. His mom gotta do everything for him. Brush his teeth, feed him, clothe him, buy him wheelchairs and special beds. Thats one strong lady. She does it all by herself. Wow.

Not as fuged up as that kid from Chicago that died in January. Dude was my age and died because they let go of his healthcare. People can say what they want, the US is the worst when it comes to helping their own. Especially with countries like France having on the call doctors for Christ sake.

#21 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,492 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

that pause ....hahahahahah

#22 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,500 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

Recap?

#23 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,621 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Recap?

Man I wish I had the skill to post Smitty's pause face as a reply to this.

#24 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,974 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Those eyes...those damned eyes! If only we had the camera view of the interviewer during that same pause.

#25 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Man if he looked at me like that I would poo myself and run away simultaneously.

When he paused I thought the video froze. lol

#26 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

Posted Image

haha smitty is a psychopath, but I love him.

#27 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,956 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Not as fuged up as that kid from Chicago that died in January. Dude was my age and died because they let go of his healthcare. People can say what they want, the US is the worst when it comes to helping their own. Especially with countries like France having on the call doctors for Christ sake.

That was tough to see. I almost cried when the mother talked about her son saying he was too tired and "wanted to go home." 27 years old man... smh... And he spent the last 12 or so paralyzed. He didn't even get to live.

Outside the lines did a piece about a month ago on a 13 year old who was paralyzed in a Pop Warner game because his coaches taught him to tackle head-down and spear... The more stuff like this I see, the more I question whether I'll let my son play football, and I REALLY want him to play. My wife has kept saying stuff like "I don't know..." and I tell her that he'll play the positions with the least likelihood to be injured by contact - QB, DB, WR.

But, watching that piece gave me pause because the kid in Dallas never even lowered his head. He was running and was fairly upright the entire time, it was from how the other guy hit him. I know it's rare, but that's just incredibly sad and scary... For those kids to not even get the chance to live because of a game... Definitely something I'll think about going forward.

As far as the Smitty piece, wow. I was sure I'd know all of what was reported, but a few of the very small details I didn't (him running through the rose bushes, the first and last fight he lost, etc.) and I just love all things Smitty, so it was a GREAT piece. I don't care what anyone says, to get on your knees and humble yourself to complete strangers and wash their feet... Wow. He definitely has changed and matured. Hearing him ask that kid "Is there anything you want me to pray for you about?" was awesome. I'm really glad we were able to keep him and hope we get that ring for him before he's done with the game. Still my favorite all-time Panther...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com