THE Solution to our Offensive woesSmitty
Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:31 PM
DEF agree that we need to run the ball... But let me ask you this... If Cam was accurate with his passes last week, would it have seemed that he was forcing the ball? It's not like Cam was throwing into triple coverage last week bro. It just appeared worse due to Cam being way off the mark. If Cam wasn't imagining Smitty as Andre the fuggin Giant they would have been completions...
That's smitty's M.O. though. He goes up and gets his balls. The guy can jump. I think he has a 40" vertical if I'm not mistaken. But also, Smith has dropped a lot of easy balls this year as well, some that could not have been thrown more perfectly. I wouldn't put it all on Cam's throwing. I do agree he needs to improve his mechanics though. But he's had that problem since college.
Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:41 PM
On pace to target the TE almost 50 less times....Cam would use those as his checkdowns often last year even though they weren't true checkdowns.
Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:07 PM
Nice sarcasm, but they need to be on the field more. I say it over and over, spread teams out. Its something Cowboys definitely wouldn't game plan for
It wasn't sarcasm. I genuinely enjoy watching both of them. Everytime they have got the ball this year, other then special teams, they have done great things.
Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:21 PM
Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:35 PM
Product of being young and trying to feed the stud....
If you rewatch the film against Seattle, Cam had open recievers everywhere underneath. It seemed that Cam only looked at 1 target on each certain play, if he wasnt open he panicked and failed to go through all of his progressions. He needs to improve in that aspect of the game
Takes most greats years to pick teams apart with 2nd and 3rd options. Tom Brady today is a much different QB than the won who beat us in 2003.
Too often people forget Cam is in his QB infancy....
Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:12 PM
Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:48 AM
2. Chud went to using Tolbert instead of the two TE"s.Two TEs worked better for us- change it
3. Cam is having to put to much on his shoulders because our running game is not working. Start using a power running scheme
4. Passing plays are taking to long to develop - We need shorter routes.and routes that Cam can hit
5. Cam needs to focus more on his feet and work on accuracy.Shorten the routes especially to to the 2nd wr and TE.Use Smitty in the slot.
In summary our faults are really in the schemes we are running and not adjusting them To me we have the talent to be scoring 26 points per game but are failing to play in schemes that plays to our talent.We should have never let Shockey go in leu of Tolbert.
Cam is obviously not comfortable with our offense and routes.
Come on Chud use those brains and do what we do well
Rivera - learn offense or manage Chud
Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:50 AM
Olsen has been open all season. Give that man the ball, Smitty needs to fade some. He's not the future of our WR corps. Then again he can't fade if someone doesn't step the fug up into his place.
The sad thing is Rivera came out and stated that this was and is a huge opportunity for us. That's something I wish he would have kept in house so the Cowgirls wouldn't have any edge for what we were probably gearing towards the past 2 weeks.
Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:02 AM
The solution? Fire Chud
If Rivera does not become more involved in the offensive scheme we may half to. He needs to make Chud stop his wild ass experiments and focus on what our talent pool does well.We need more plays directed to Olsen and quit forcing it to Smith.Olsen has been open way to many times.If Rivera wants to remain a head coach he needs to be more directive to Chud and Cam.Changing to power running game would go a long way in picking up 4 to 5 yard games.
Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:06 AM
Change the scheme.
The first and most important thing is make things more simpler.
1) Shorter routes that attack zone and man coverages. (Id leave on deep post on most plays tho)
2) Fewer formations. Keep it simple for Cam. Allow him start calling / choosing his own plays at the line of scrimmage based on the D he sees.
3) We dont have to go to power running to run the ball effectively. If the defense in playing the pass and soft up front than audible to a HB run. If the D is loading the box call a pass. If you see the D bringing heat audible to a screen or quick pass. Football is simple. Its just about calling the right play and executing.