Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

Town Hall Debate

103 posts in this topic

I liked how Obama got Crowley to interrupt Romney when he was making the point about Obama's pension. That home field advantage sure is nice

if it makes you feel any better, romney wasn't on topic for more than 15 minutes the whole debate... i think he won that battle.

dammit I want to punch whoever invented the word derp in the face.

It make you look like a ruhtard.

Derp?

ruhtard

<_<

e- zod what in the fug is up with all the crap smileys

FREE NEXT GEN SMILEYS? I'D LOVE SOME

:ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass:

and the cam smiley doesn't even werk!

:turkey:

At least I can slice this turkey,

Man

I once was banned

for spamming :cam:

I said Got damn

Kurb is ghey

/crickets

They voted for him.

Derp.

Yes, they did vote for him, but O'Brien's campaign was short on funds and time, was behind Romney's campaign after democratic primary.

Perhaps people also looked at it as a "lesser of two evils" type deal, much like people are looking at today's presidential race. People with a brain anyway.

lol, it's awesome listening to people justify why they're voting for someone that 4 years ago they absolutely hated.

Maybe he's doing what a pol should and basing his campaign by the will of the people? Maybe thats why the sudden surge in romneys support? With all the changes that have occured in the last four years(the shalacking of the 2010 mid-terms) have opened the eyes of pols who want to be on the side of the majority "public". And in doing so have moved away from bi-partisan compromise and joined in the call of the general public. It's not hard to consider ecspecially for pols who want our votes. Or maybe romney was ahead of himself in the last election cycle? Maybe the things he stood for then didn't seem as urgent as they do now? Possibly he never had a true value look from the mega media and no one really knew anything about the guy other than what had been reported by those who clearly rode the Obamey bandwagon in 2008? Now with 2 debates in the bag, he has made a true impression of himself to the public. Cause truthfully, his surge of support and popularity have not come until this debate cycle and conferencing began. Maybe he and the american public have just gotten a chance to truly know one another?

Maybe. And maybe people are so stupid and so willing to listen to anyone that will tell them what they want to hear that they'll ignore obvious lies, lack of anything resembling substance and outright hypocrisy in order to believe that someone will come in and perform the impossible.

Maybe it happened last election, maybe it'll happen this one. But seriously, if you believe the shiat that man is selling, you've either just started paying attention or you're being willfully ignorant. Lucifer himself could run against Obama and most Republicans would find an excuse to vote for him, it's freaking hilarious.

1 person likes this

You do realize a debate is all about performance don't you. Solutions don't come in debates or political campaigns. They are usually hammered out in meetings out of the public eye.

Fwiw, I wonder sometimes if part of the problem is that with the advent of 100's of networks and the internet, there are no meetings out of the public eye anymore, but thats another discussion entirely.

In all reality the debates are about theatrics and drama. The whole thing is a joke...and from the looks of the comments in this thread there is no reason anyone here shouldn't understand this by now. The whole thing is rigged...the questions are rigged, the debate selection process is rigged, the candidates wear ear pieces...in all reality, these debates should more rightfully be consider a reality tv extravaganza. The issues they speak on are completely moronic, while the underlying tone is akin to a sporting event...enabling more drama, division, and idiotic processes of thought.

oh look a free thinking independent showing up to cheer lead for a republican