67 replies to this topic

#31 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

What are the results of the Lilly Ledbetter act?

is this the part where you post that bogus study proving once and for all that men are the true victims in the workforce

#32 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,804 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

the positive thing is DC is doing a great job with equity pay and such.

#33 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,525 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:39 AM

is this the part where you post that bogus study proving once and for all that men are the true victims in the workforce

no silly, its only the part where you avoid answering the question because everyone knows what the act actually accomplished

#34 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

well since you seem to think that you have an argument, i'll let you make it

#35 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Posted Image

#36 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

#37 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,525 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

well since you seem to think that you have an argument, i'll let you make it

didn't you have like a 478092472 page argument with nc biscuit about how the internet isn't real life? yet you take this pussy route to avoid answering a question?

i didn't bring lilly ledbetter up. how did the lilly ledbetter act work out?

#38 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

McCain caught the guy in a bunch half and untruths. He was labeled a flip flopping fibber during that failed campaign. The point of people making a big deal out of this is because the guy lies and takes credit for stuff he has nothing to do with constantly. He says whatever is popular at the moment. You don't know what your getting. Buyer beware.

#39 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

"Read my lips! No new taxes!"

#40 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

didn't you have like a 478092472 page argument with nc biscuit about how the internet isn't real life? yet you take this pussy route to avoid answering a question?

i didn't bring lilly ledbetter up. how did the lilly ledbetter act work out?

it serves its purpose. i await your "well but now employers don't want to hire women because they might be litigated for discriminating against them, thus the lilly ledbetter act didn't work :( :( :(" concern trolling, or perhaps even a fundamental misunderstanding of what is and isn't protected by the lilly ledbetter act. never know with you.

also, sweet sexism bro. i'm noticing a trend of sexism among the conservatives on this board, though it might just be one of the defining characteristics of american conservatism in general

#41 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,525 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

it serves its purpose. i await your "well but now employers don't want to hire women because they might be litigated for discriminating against them, thus the lilly ledbetter act didn't work :( :( :(" concern trolling, or perhaps even a fundamental misunderstanding of what is and isn't protected by the lilly ledbetter act. never know with you.

also, sweet sexism bro. i'm noticing a trend of sexism among the conservatives on this board, though it might just be one of the defining characteristics of american conservatism in general

awesome strawman

come on you pompous mensa wannabe...
what have the results been?

#42 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

what exactly do you mean "what have the results been"? do you need me to fuging copy and paste the legislation for you? maybe paraphrase it using smaller words? since i don't know, lmgtfy

"The Act amends the Civil Rights Act of 1964 stating that the 180-day statute of limitations for filing an equal-pay lawsuit regarding pay discrimination resets with each new paycheck affected by that discriminatory action."

the answer is, the 180-day statute of limitations now resets with each instance of discrimination. THE HORROR

i can't tell if you're trying to set up some "unintended consequences" concern trolling or what but goddamn dude if you think you have a point then post it rather than revert to straight up sexism in a discussion over women's rights (i have a strong feeling this isn't the first time you've done this btw)

#43 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,525 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

Reverting to straight up sexism? Explain, please.

Looks like women's pay is falling compared to men's pay.... you know, the results

The wage gap remained statistically unchanged in the last year. Women's earnings were 77.0 percent of men's in 2011, compared to 77.4 percent in 2010, according to Census statistics released September 12, 2012 based on the median earnings of all full-time, year-round workers.

The wage gap persists at all levels of education. In 2011, the typical woman in the United States with a high school diploma working full time, year round was paid only 74 cents for every dollar paid to her male counterpart. Among people with a bachelor’s degrees, the figure was also 74 cents.

Wasn't it higher than 74 cents before Lilly Ledbetter?

http://www.pay-equity.org/

#44 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

you take this pussy route

this is sexist

anyway, explain the causal relationship between extending the statute of limitations to cover every instance of discrimination and an increasing wage gap

#45 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,525 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

this is sexist

I have never called a woman a pussy.
Considering the anatomical "pussy" is one of the toughest organs on a human, would it make sense to call you that for avoiding a relatively simple question? But I digress; if you want enough for it to be sexist, you will find a way to make it sexist.

anyway, explain the causal relationship between extending the statute of limitations to cover every instance of discrimination and an increasing wage gap

There may or may not be one. Just as there may or may not be any correlation between a longer statute of limitations and a decreasing wage gap.

You mentioned this act with such pride that it makes Romney look like a giant ass. But what are the results? It looks to me like it has worked pretty poorly. I'm sure some lawyers got a little trickle down from the act, but women haven't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.