67 replies to this topic

#61 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Simply amazing. I state Lilly Ledbetter hasn't helped narrow the wage gap. And now I "cling to my anti-'increasing the statute of limitations' stance on instances discrimination," whatever that means. I'm bound by chains, and apparently I'm calling for sympathy since I'm a straight white male.

Do you see why you're my favorite source of entertainment on the huddle?

#62 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

no, you claimed that it had "the opposite of its intended effect" and then struggled to explain exactly what its "intended effect" actually was

you might just want to stop posting, at least in this thread

#63 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

the real humor in all of this is that, in a question concerning pay equity between men and women, mitt's answer is "i had a binder full of women and i hired those women who work and blah blah i'm not actually going to talk about pay equity when my opponent can just point to the lilly ledbetter act and make me look like a giant ass"

Sorry, only one person struggled about what the Lilly Ledbetter Act was supposed to do, and what it has actually done.

#64 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

providing legal recourse for compensation discrimination claims is somehow not a positive for pay equity and in fact the lilly ledbetter act had the opposite of its intended effect. you see, it was intended to provide legal recourse for women who were unfairly compensated for their work but somehow by extending the statute of limitations the government actually hurt their cause. this is your brain on fox news.

#65 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,238 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

By using a comparison of all wages and not "equal work," it was discovered that the median women's pay was 78% of men's pay. Although the trend for several decades has shown a shrinking gap, legislation billed as the "fair pay act" was enacted with the purpose of narrowing the gap. Since the legislation was enacted, the gap has widened.

But the point actually wasnt to narrow the gap, it was to help lawyers get paid. This is your tongue on Obama's gooch.

#66 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

so by providing no means for legal recourse, employers are just going to pay women fairly out of the goodness of their hearts? hey just like every other minority that's been discriminated against ever!

An Act to amend title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and to modify the operation of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to clarify that a discriminatory compensation decision or other practice that is unlawful under such Acts occurs each time compensation is paid pursuant to the discriminatory compensation decision or other practice, and for other purposes.

but yeah allowing them to file suit actually increases the gap (don't ask me why), removing legal protections actually increases equity (let's just ignore history and also again, please don't ask me why), up is down, left is right, republicans are lucid

#67 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

seriously the text of the bill states that discrimination occurs with every discriminatory act, not just the first one, therefore the statute of limitations should reset every time. why are you so mad about that? oh right because you're regurgitating the right wing echo chamber's take on a perfectly good law

#68 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,191 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

many corps get some type of govt incentive when a % of a minority group is represented. the irony is women don't fall under this category.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com