Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gil Brandt: Panthers Offensive Scheme Hampering Newton

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree with this article on all points.

I'm glad someone other than us is paying attention.

Posted

Yep this dude is right on point with everything else the huddle has been saying about our offensive scheme.

Last year We ran what I thought was a standard balanced offense. We had a little bit of this and that mixed in...but overall it was a 2 TE system which we were able to do different things with Cams skill set

overall it was pretty balanced, but it was more pass heavy in the first half and more run heavy in the second half of the season....and that was fine. i attributed it to chud adapting the offense to deal with the defenses adapting to what we were doing.

this year it just seems like chud thought we were somewhere else.

i REALLY hope that rivera put chud back in his box and told him to spend his game planning time working on a whole game rather than developing that one trickeration play that no one has ever seen before (which i'm starting to be convinced that was limited to watching a bunch of kids football movies and seeing what other hidden genius lied within them).

2 people like this

Posted

This all comes back also to the why have so much $ tied up in RB's if the plan was to run this type of offense. If anything you would think the focus would have been more for WR's etc. Watching football this weekend, like most of us probably do, I just kept wondering how D'Will, Stewart, and Tolbert would be doing and look if we just ran a more power, smashmouth running game were the guy with the ball actually had A LEAD BLOCKER and got the ball sooner to find the hole.

1 person likes this

Posted

Gil Brandt is all over it!

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope we come out in our last years offense agianst Dallas.

Posted

Finally someone in the media is not scared to challenge Chud. I was beginning to think he was some sort of mobster.

2 people like this

Posted

The scheme is hampering everyone. Look at what its done to the running backs as well.

Posted

Our offensive scheme and Stubborn ass Chud has single-handedly ruined my fall

Posted

We ran a good mix of plays against Atlanta. There were a few quick screens to receivers, more looks for olsen over the middle and a little read option at appropriate times. The read option was not the base. It was a change of pace and we had a successful offensive game.

Then what does chud do for Seattle? Derp derp back to mostly read option against one of the best defenses in the league. Results are predictable.

If we come out this week after a bye with more of the same poo I am gonna rage.

1 person likes this

Posted

Stubborn Chudzinski has a Head Coach who should not have to be told by Gil Brandt how to fix the offense.

Gil Brandt is correct in what he says.

I never understand, in any industry, why leaders keep doing something over and over again that didn't work the first time.

1 person likes this

Posted

We ran a good mix of plays against Atlanta. There were a few quick screens to receivers, more looks for olsen over the middle and a little read option at appropriate times. The read option was not the base. It was a change of pace and we had a successful offensive game.

Then what does chud do for Seattle? Derp derp back to mostly read option against one of the best defenses in the league. Results are predictable.

If we come out this week after a bye with more of the same poo I am gonna rage.

Get ready to rage.

It's unlikely they're going to install a new offense over a bye week.

You may see a little more diversity in playcalling but my gut tells me the offense isn't going to change a whole lot mid-season. I hope they prove me wrong.

1 person likes this

Posted

They wont.

In order to really change an offense to be able to run in at an nfl level would take weeks unless you go run vanilla. Heck I wouldnt mind vanilla at this point.

1 person likes this