Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Saban back to NFL?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I seriously doubt it happens, but its fun to chat about. The meltdown from bama fans would be historic

http://www.lostlettermen.com/cleveland-browns-going-after-nick-saban/

A report on Cleveland’s 92.3 The Fan on Tuesday afternoon states that the Browns will make a hard push for Saban, even though incumbent Pat Shurmur is only in his second season with the team.

Posted

until he decides it's too hard so he can parlay it into an even higher paying job at a third SEC school.

Posted

until he decides it's too hard so he can parlay it into an even higher paying job at a third SEC school.

I saw some georgia fans with the scenario..."Saban to cleveland for a few years...gets frustrated and goes to UGA after Richt is finally canned for underachieving."

lol

Posted

Why would be want to leave Bama?

It's going to take an ASSLOAD of money to get him back to the pros.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dude can collect titles at Bama. NFL will chew him up and spit him out. I know his ego wants to win a SB as it's the highest level but dude has it made at Bama.

Posted

I don't think the money would sway Saban to Cleveland..it would be his ego.

Posted

Yeah he'll go to Cleveland for a year and a half, resign, then become the head coach at Arkansas and win a national title two years later

Posted

Clevleland for a year then head coach of Virginia Tech plz

Posted

Saban is 60 years old, one of the highest paid college coaches in the nation (I believe third highest?), and currently has a strangle-hold on college football's best conference.

If I was in his position, I'd definitely move back to Cleveland...

Posted

Sure, he'll go to some NFL team, quit on them again and a bunch of SEC alums will beat his ass to a pulp in the locker room when he makes his I QUIT speech. He'll never coach or eat solid food again.

Posted

Go to Cleveland for a 1 1/2 years and then go home and coach WVU til he retires.

Posted

I can see Saban leaving for another high profile college program, if anything, but not NFL.