Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Saban back to NFL?

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I seriously doubt it happens, but its fun to chat about. The meltdown from bama fans would be historic

[url="http://www.lostlettermen.com/cleveland-browns-going-after-nick-saban/"]http://www.lostlettermen.com/cleveland-browns-going-after-nick-saban/[/url]

[quote]
A report on Cleveland’s 92.3 The Fan on Tuesday afternoon states that the Browns will make a hard push for Saban, even though incumbent [u][color="#009900"]Pat Shurmur[/color][/u] is only in his second season with the team. [/quote]

Posted · Report post

until he decides it's too hard so he can parlay it into an even higher paying job at a third SEC school.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jase' timestamp='1350498261' post='1949673']
until he decides it's too hard so he can parlay it into an even higher paying job at a third SEC school.
[/quote]

I saw some georgia fans with the scenario..."Saban to cleveland for a few years...gets frustrated and goes to UGA after Richt is finally canned for underachieving."

lol

Posted · Report post

Why would be want to leave Bama?

It's going to take an ASSLOAD of money to get him back to the pros.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Dude can collect titles at Bama. NFL will chew him up and spit him out. I know his ego wants to win a SB as it's the highest level but dude has it made at Bama.

Posted · Report post

I don't think the money would sway Saban to Cleveland..it would be his ego.

Posted · Report post

Yeah he'll go to Cleveland for a year and a half, resign, then become the head coach at Arkansas and win a national title two years later

Posted · Report post

Clevleland for a year then head coach of Virginia Tech plz

Posted · Report post

Saban is 60 years old, one of the highest paid college coaches in the nation (I believe third highest?), and currently has a strangle-hold on college football's best conference.

If I was in his position, I'd definitely move back to Cleveland...

Posted · Report post

Sure, he'll go to some NFL team, quit on them again and a bunch of SEC alums will beat his ass to a pulp in the locker room when he makes his I QUIT speech. He'll never coach or eat solid food again.

Posted · Report post

Go to Cleveland for a 1 1/2 years and then go home and coach WVU til he retires.

Posted · Report post

I can see Saban leaving for another high profile college program, if anything, but not NFL.