Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason's knee "flared up" this week; Onatolu to IR

73 posts in this topic

Posted

If keek starts in the middle again, and he dominates....then he should be handed the job the rest of the year

Hmmm.... Maybe Mel Kiper did know what he was talking about on draft day after all

Posted

Front office is looking better and better for having drafted Keuchly by the week

Posted

Time to dump Beason's contract

The guy is falling apart. Re-structure...or get rid of...if that's possible

this might be a bit of an overreaction.

Posted

As bad as this sounds I don't think this is a bad thing. It takes about two years for a player to fully recover from his injury, so it's a bit expected he wasn't going to be back to his old self. Kuechly meanwhile as become a star in the making in the middle. I feel this defense is a bit better with Beason off the field, THIS year.

Posted

sucks for jon but i'm excited that we're going to be seeing a lot more of kuechly

Posted

Beasons injuries are becoming a concern, especially considering that contract last year.

At this point let him sit out as long as he needs and keep Luke in the middle, he will shine.

Posted

He's the only Panthers I know that can get hurt without doing anything.

say what you want but Gamble is on that list too

Posted

How much left on Beason's contract? If >2 years and Thomas Davis makes it halfway through this season, put Beason on IR to get him healthy. Have him get healthy and trade him away if the contract allows us to do so and not have to pay through the nose. We have to come to grips whether Beason is Morgan 2.0 and as much as he was a gamer when healthy...it's not worth expending a lot of time/money. Sucks...but this is business.

1 person likes this

Posted

this is code for "we're gonna be going with keuchly in the middle"

i think beason plays this week and keeps playing, but this will be their silent transition to keuchly being the Mike from here on.

2 people like this

Posted

The Keek draft move actually looks smart in retrospect. Honestly, its looking like every position has problems on our team atm when it seemed like only a handful at the year's beginning.

If this season goes even further south, I would not be against blowing it all up and getting a new crew to build around Cam and Keek from top down.

Posted

Thomas Davis is our best LB, and I think he should be at the Will spot going forward. Robinson wanted no piece of TD after awhile, and is a major reason why Kuechly had a lot of success against Seattle.

Posted

The Keek draft move actually looks smart in retrospect. Honestly, its looking like every position has problems on our team atm when it seemed like only a handful at the year's beginning.

If this season goes even further south, I would not be against blowing it all up and getting a new crew to build around Cam and Keek from top down.

please no more blowing it up.

thanks.

get a GM that can build (using FA, trades, and the draft) around what we have (that's worth building around). let rivera run the D and get an OC who can use all of the talent on his roster.

2 people like this