Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason's knee "flared up" this week; Onatolu to IR

73 posts in this topic

Posted

If Keek excels this Sunday, he should be given the starting job regardless of what Beason feels.

Hope he keeps the spot and goes on a tear and gets a chance to win the DROY.

Posted

The only guy that can tackle on ST is on IR? People should be panicking about the Onatolu injury. Fug we can't catch a break.

Hurney injury excuse magic!!!!

Posted

I would not be surprised if the staff decided that Kuechly just played too well and this is just a false reason to sit Beason out without saying "Kuechly played too good to risk Beason". Beason is clearly not 100%, and as long as Kuechly is tearing it up, the staff has no problem with sitting Beason until he is 100%. If Kuechly finishes out the season inside and continues to play well, and even improve...Beason will either be moving outside or he will be traded/Kuechly's backup. This is business, as already stated.

Posted

How much left on Beason's contract? If >2 years and Thomas Davis makes it halfway through this season, put Beason on IR to get him healthy. Have him get healthy and trade him away if the contract allows us to do so and not have to pay through the nose. We have to come to grips whether Beason is Morgan 2.0 and as much as he was a gamer when healthy...it's not worth expending a lot of time/money. Sucks...but this is business.

Beason's 1st injury that kept him out of a game was last year. Yes he missed the whole season and is now nursing nagging injuries, I think it's wayyyy to early and critical to call him Morgan 2.0 and why would we trade him? When he's healthly, he's a beast of LB. The man has played his but off long enough for us that he deserves a little bit more support from his fans....but wait, this is the huddle
1 person likes this

Posted

Can never have too many good LBers with our shoddy DT play.

Posted

The man has played his but off long enough for us that he deserves a little bit more support from his fans....but wait, this is the huddle

The same huddle that had Keuchly labeled a bust after week 2?

1 person likes this

Posted

love how we never fail to get the injury bug to our star players. Never see the saints and having breesus or colston hurt, never see the falcons having roddy white hurt or abraham. smfh. why nfl gods?!

I'm pretty sure Grimes was IR'd for the Faclons he's a star player. They just have quality depth.

Posted

The Kuechly pick just keeps looking better and better.

No way this team gets rid of Beason - look what they did for TD.

Posted

To be honest, we only have about 20 players on our roster who are worth building a team around. And how funny it is that none of the 20 that come to mind have huge contracts except maybe J-Stew but lets be honest, he is one of the major cogs that makes this offense tick (When it decides to tick). He deserves that money and I believe he should be the featured back. As for the rest of the roster, most of them are scrubs who couldn't make second string on any of the Top 15 teams in the NFL. There are other great players on this team that aren't on my 20, but they are either overpaid, underutilized or on their way out, so I don't count them.

That's right, people. 20. Just 20 out of a 53 man roster.

Posted

Beason's 1st injury that kept him out of a game was last year. Yes he missed the whole season and is now nursing nagging injuries, I think it's wayyyy to early and critical to call him Morgan 2.0 and why would we trade him? When he's healthly, he's a beast of LB. The man has played his but off long enough for us that he deserves a little bit more support from his fans....but wait, this is the huddle

I support him, I'm just gonna temper my expectations.

I won't be participating in any "just wait till Beason is back to normal" talk. It's far from guaranteed he'll be able to get back to where he was.

Fandom is nice, but from a strictly business perspective, I'd be asking for a restructure soon. Other teams have done it. Paying players who aren't the same guy anymore is becoming too common on this team.

Our money shouldn't be invested in the LBs anyway. It should be mostly in the defensive line and secondary.

Posted

Sadly as the injuries pile up, it becomes more excuses that Hurney and JR can justify him keeping the GM position.

So sick of the circus act we have in the front office.

Posted

yeah, SCREW that hurney for hurting the players!

????

1 person likes this