72 replies to this topic

#16 dbeat

dbeat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

As bad as this sounds I don't think this is a bad thing. It takes about two years for a player to fully recover from his injury, so it's a bit expected he wasn't going to be back to his old self. Kuechly meanwhile as become a star in the making in the middle. I feel this defense is a bit better with Beason off the field, THIS year.

#17 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,328 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

sucks for jon but i'm excited that we're going to be seeing a lot more of kuechly

#18 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,711 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Beasons injuries are becoming a concern, especially considering that contract last year.

At this point let him sit out as long as he needs and keep Luke in the middle, he will shine.

#19 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

He's the only Panthers I know that can get hurt without doing anything.

say what you want but Gamble is on that list too

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

How much left on Beason's contract? If >2 years and Thomas Davis makes it halfway through this season, put Beason on IR to get him healthy. Have him get healthy and trade him away if the contract allows us to do so and not have to pay through the nose. We have to come to grips whether Beason is Morgan 2.0 and as much as he was a gamer when healthy...it's not worth expending a lot of time/money. Sucks...but this is business.

#21 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

this is code for "we're gonna be going with keuchly in the middle"

i think beason plays this week and keeps playing, but this will be their silent transition to keuchly being the Mike from here on.

#22 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

The Keek draft move actually looks smart in retrospect. Honestly, its looking like every position has problems on our team atm when it seemed like only a handful at the year's beginning.

If this season goes even further south, I would not be against blowing it all up and getting a new crew to build around Cam and Keek from top down.

#23 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thomas Davis is our best LB, and I think he should be at the Will spot going forward. Robinson wanted no piece of TD after awhile, and is a major reason why Kuechly had a lot of success against Seattle.

#24 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

The Keek draft move actually looks smart in retrospect. Honestly, its looking like every position has problems on our team atm when it seemed like only a handful at the year's beginning.

If this season goes even further south, I would not be against blowing it all up and getting a new crew to build around Cam and Keek from top down.

please no more blowing it up.

thanks.

get a GM that can build (using FA, trades, and the draft) around what we have (that's worth building around). let rivera run the D and get an OC who can use all of the talent on his roster.

#25 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

If Keek excels this Sunday, he should be given the starting job regardless of what Beason feels.

Hope he keeps the spot and goes on a tear and gets a chance to win the DROY.

#26 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,124 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

The only guy that can tackle on ST is on IR? People should be panicking about the Onatolu injury. Fug we can't catch a break.

Hurney injury excuse magic!!!!

#27 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I would not be surprised if the staff decided that Kuechly just played too well and this is just a false reason to sit Beason out without saying "Kuechly played too good to risk Beason". Beason is clearly not 100%, and as long as Kuechly is tearing it up, the staff has no problem with sitting Beason until he is 100%. If Kuechly finishes out the season inside and continues to play well, and even improve...Beason will either be moving outside or he will be traded/Kuechly's backup. This is business, as already stated.

#28 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,066 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

How much left on Beason's contract? If >2 years and Thomas Davis makes it halfway through this season, put Beason on IR to get him healthy. Have him get healthy and trade him away if the contract allows us to do so and not have to pay through the nose. We have to come to grips whether Beason is Morgan 2.0 and as much as he was a gamer when healthy...it's not worth expending a lot of time/money. Sucks...but this is business.

Beason's 1st injury that kept him out of a game was last year. Yes he missed the whole season and is now nursing nagging injuries, I think it's wayyyy to early and critical to call him Morgan 2.0 and why would we trade him? When he's healthly, he's a beast of LB. The man has played his but off long enough for us that he deserves a little bit more support from his fans....but wait, this is the huddle

#29 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,608 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Can never have too many good LBers with our shoddy DT play.

#30 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

The man has played his but off long enough for us that he deserves a little bit more support from his fans....but wait, this is the huddle

The same huddle that had Keuchly labeled a bust after week 2?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.