Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Horror Story: Asylum

28 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Anyone else going to be watching? Looks like it will be pretty good. I really enjoyed last season minus the Beetlejuice "happy family" ending.

Posted · Report post

I'm pumped about it.

I liked the ending.

I am interested on how this season will go.

Posted · Report post

Recording it to watch later. Can't wait though.

Posted · Report post

Thought it was interesting that they started the show off early using the music from Carrie. Correlations of religious values vs. scientific knowledge and advancements seems to be where they are going.

Also they are borrowing from Carrie with the buckets of animal flesh.

Posted · Report post

I thought it looked promising. They will be diving a lot deeper, a lot darker this year. I hope this show doesn't become a shock value show. I thought the alien story line was out of place. Jessica Lange delivered quite nicely in her role. The writing was great last season, and it seems they are setting up some interesting story lines.

Posted · Report post

Why are they using all the same actors from last season?

Posted · Report post

I finally saw the Pilot for season 1 and thought it was really stupid. I love everything horror (campy, smart, gratuitous) and want to give the show a fair chance - so I am not knocking the show after 1 episode.

Is it worth finishing out the season and will it grow on me?

Posted · Report post

Yes

Posted · Report post

Yes

Expand.

Posted · Report post

WTF??? Were those zombies or cannibals?

Posted · Report post

so i caught the latter half of last night's episode and it seemed like some wild poo going on.

i haven't watched the first american horror story or the 1st episode of asylum... should i?

Posted · Report post

so i caught the latter half of last night's episode and it seemed like some wild poo going on.

i haven't watched the first american horror story or the 1st episode of asylum... should i?

The first one was very mild by comparison to Asylum. AHS season 1 was weird and more of a mindfug, but was still tame. I liked it, but if you don't have time to go watch it, you aren't missing a whole lot. Asylum is pretty much kickass IMO and is like a nightmare being realized. Imagine going to an asylum where nobody knows you're there, or those that do are the ones that put you there. On one side is a crazy guy doing crazy things for science, and the other side is a crazy nun doing crazy things for religion. It's pretty cool IMO. I would def go watch the episodes you missed of asylum, but season one isn't necessary.