• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

I rather just draft Keenan Allen in the first.

#17 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

Bowe is a stiff reciever with suspect hands, and he has terrible YAC. He is a poor man's Brandon Marshall.

#18 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

Bowe is a stiff reciever with suspect hands, and he has terrible YAC. He is a poor man's Brandon Marshall.

I was just logging in to mention that the asking price could not possibly be more than what the bears gave up for Marshall, which was 2 thirds. It would probably end up being quite a bit less if he is in fact traded this year anyway. If he is traded I think the Jets would offer more than anyone else.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

Always liked Bowe and he'd be a big perfect possession receiver with Smitty running all the underneath route through the slot. Well it's def not happening.

But id wouldn't mind giving up our first next year for him. We should have a high second but likely a second isn't going to do it.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

True. If we need a receiver that bad that we should give up a future high pick, mind as well just take the Gboro native Keenan Allen. Same type of build and possession receiver but Allen has more speed and sparks after catching a pass.

#21 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

So would I but they won't. They'll get cute and take a CB or guard

#22 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Victor Cruz and Ramses Barden are both UFAs next year. Cruz is gonna get his money. The Giants could very well let Barden walk; they love Hixon, they drafted Randle. Barden is 6'6" and we all saw his potential when he abused the Panthers.

#23 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Always liked Bowe and he'd be a big perfect possession receiver with Smitty running all the underneath route through the slot. Well it's def not happening.

But id wouldn't mind giving up our first next year for him. We should have a high second but likely a second isn't going to do it.

A 1st rounder!?!?! You're crazy. I couldn't see him going for more than Brandon Marshall...two 3rds OR a 2nd at most.

#24 GolfRasta

GolfRasta

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationPinehurst

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Victor Cruz and Ramses Barden are both UFAs next year. Cruz is gonna get his money. The Giants could very well let Barden walk; they love Hixon, they drafted Randle. Barden is 6'6" and we all saw his potential when he abused the Panthers.

I like this idea...I was hoping we'd draft Barden just based on his height. Dude could really develop into something special, but not really being given the chance in NY

#25 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

http://profootballta...ity-very-badly/

Tell me why it can't happen? Throw a pile of money at him... Steve on one side... Bowe on the other.... Draft whoever you want....

I like it, listen to the man Hurney and make it happen...

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,203 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

A 1st rounder!?!?! You're crazy. I couldn't see him going for more than Brandon Marshall...two 3rds OR a 2nd at most.

I don't think Bowe will go less than a 2nd and one or two more lower picks, really. Marshall was dealt for two 3rds bc of history of off field problems. Bowe has better resume off the files which will make his value more valuable than Marshall.

#27 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

I don't know if I agree with determining potential by someone abusing the Panthers.

We are awesome at making people look way more awesome than they are. I'll need to see him do a lot more abuse before I think he's going to be worth signing. Until we see that he's just another receiver we could sign when someone else casts him off - and we've had a TON of luck with players like that so far...

#28 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

How about no.....Bowe is 28.

Most good receivers can play at a high level well into there 30's I have no doubt a route runner like Bowe will be able too.

#29 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Lots of good talent looking to hit the FA market for WR this offseason. Would prefer to act on that rather than make a trade.

None of the top receiving prospects in this years class are overly impressive, especially given our current drafting spot.

#30 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,971 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Lots of good talent looking to hit the FA market for WR this offseason. Would prefer to act on that rather than make a trade.

None of the top receiving prospects in this years class are overly impressive, especially given our current drafting spot.

This entire post makes zero sense. We won't have money to spend on the quality WR free agents (if there are any to begin with). Guys like Bowe, Jennings and possibly Wallace are going to get monster contracts from teams who have 20-30 million in cap space. Also, your second point is just flat out wrong. Not only are there no less than three legit #1 play makers at WR likely to be in the draft this year, but we also will likely be picking in the top seven with all of them possibly still on the board....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.