Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welfare alone for 2011 largest budget item in FY 2011 at approx $1.03 trillion

80 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[url="http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/18/report-welfare-governments-single-largest-budget-item-in-fy-2011-at-approx-1-03-trillion/#ixzz29euMK83s"]http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/18/report-welfare-governments-single-largest-budget-item-in-fy-2011-at-approx-1-03-trillion/#ixzz29euMK83s[/url]

[quote]
The government spent approximately $1.03 trillion on 83 means-tested federal welfare programs in fiscal year 2011 alone — a price tag that makes welfare that year the government’s largest expenditure, according to new data released by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee.
The total sum taxpayers spent on federal welfare programs was derived from a[url="http://www.scribd.com/doc/110366590/Spending-for-Federal-Benefits-and-Services-for-People-With-Low-Income-FY08-FY11"][color="#832921"] new Congressional Research Service (CRS) report[/color][/url] on federal welfare spending — which topped out at $745.84 billion for fiscal year 2011 — combined with an analysis from the Republican Senate Budget Committee staff of state spending on federal welfare programs (based on “The Oxford Handbook of State and Local Government Finance”), which reached $282.7 billion in fiscal year 2011.
The data excludes spending on [url="http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/18/report-welfare-governments-single-largest-budget-item-in-fy-2011-at-approx-1-03-trillion/#"][color=#009900][size=2][u][background=transparent]Social Security[/background][/u][/size][/color][/url], Medicare, means-tested health care for veterans without service-connected disabilities, and the means-tested veterans pension program.[/quote]

Obama=welfare president moniker fits.

Posted · Report post

$3300 for every man, woman, child.

Posted · Report post

If there was no overhead.

Posted · Report post

But, but. but....Zod and CWG say we need to provide more entitlements to someone whose only requirement is to cash the check.

Posted · Report post

[b]great talking point for the next debate. Hopefully they'll have time to get to it.[/b]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1350573713' post='1950448']
But, but. but....Zod and CWG say we need to provide more entitlements to someone whose only requirement is to cash the check.
[/quote]

Pie'd by mistake, but this line of reasoning is beyond ridiculous.

Do people abuse welfare , yep, and its a damn shame when they do.

But to sit back and act like EVERYONE who recieves benefits just has their hand out is stupid and divisive.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='logic1977' timestamp='1350593333' post='1950876']

Pie'd by mistake, but this line of reasoning is beyond ridiculous.

Do people abuse welfare , yep, and its a damn shame when they do.

But to sit back and act like EVERYONE who recieves benefits just has their hand out is stupid and divisive.
[/quote]

When the welfare recipients and spend are at these levels, it is a serious problem.

No, not all people abuse the system. But, the system does nothing to invent anyone to work hard, take personal accountability, and get off welfare.

Just because people chose to make personal decisions that lead to low paying jobs and unmarked able skills, it does NOT mean that others should support them.

People would rather take gov't assistance rather than work hard and low paying jobs.

I believe and support helping those who are busting their ass to help themselves.

Those who are not willing to work hard for an education or not get up every day and work whatever job they can find and/or are qualified for should get no sympathy from anyone.

People say that illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay because they work jobs that Amerixans won't. Well, remove all if the entitlements and generational support and US citizens will take those jobs. If they still won't, they are free to starve to death.

I am tired if thus mentality that someone else should be responsible to support those who are not willing to take accountability for their own lives.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Welfare spending rose 32% in Obama's four years?!?!?

Hey, at least it's better than the 39.1% rise during George W. Bush's first term.

[url="http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/spending_chart_2000_2016USb_13s1li111mcn_40t_40_Welfare_Spending_Chart#copypaste"]http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/spending_chart_2000_2016USb_13s1li111mcn_40t_40_Welfare_Spending_Chart#copypaste[/url]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MadHatter' timestamp='1350594099' post='1950888']
When the welfare recipients and spend are at these levels, it is a serious problem.

No, not all people abuse the system. But, the system does nothing to invent anyone to work hard, take personal accountability, and get off welfare.

Just because people chose to make personal decisions that lead to low paying jobs and unmarked able skills, it does NOT mean that others should support them.

People would rather take gov't assistance rather than work hard and low paying jobs.

I believe and support helping those who are busting their ass to help themselves.

Those who are not willing to work hard for an education or not get up every day and work whatever job they can find and/or are qualified for should get no sympathy from anyone.

People say that illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay because they work jobs that Amerixans won't. Well, remove all if the entitlements and generational support and US citizens will take those jobs. If they still won't, they are free to starve to death.

I am tired if thus mentality that someone else should be responsible to support those who are not willing to take accountability for their own lives.
[/quote]

The entirety of the current welfare system is beyond ridiculous, I would wager that roughly 60% of people who have food stamps sell them for cash to buy drugs, I've been approached by people trying to do this at grocery stores five or six times in the last year.

In my opinion the problem with our current welfare system is the sense of entitlement it gives people that abuse it, they believe it is there right to mooch off the rest of us because there not willing to take the jobs that are available to them and work hard.

Ironically its the Liberals who tout evolution so much, well survival of the fittest doesn't have room for providing for those who are to lazy and ignorant to take care of themselves.

*I would like to state that I support welfare in the case of individuals who are disabled or actively trying to better themselves and become productive members of society and our economy.

Posted · Report post

Wow there are a lot of misconceptions in this thread

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SuperMan' timestamp='1350595559' post='1950915']
I would wager that roughly 60% of people who have food stamps sell them for cash to buy drugs, I've been approached by people trying to do this at grocery stores five or six times in the last year.
[/quote]

[size=6]HARD
HITTING
FACTS!!![/size]
[size=6][size=1]That I just made up.[/size][/size]

Posted · Report post

Hey Mad maybe I should just give you my account since your point on people knowledge skills are eerily so cool