#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,728 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz29euMK83s

The government spent approximately $1.03 trillion on 83 means-tested federal welfare programs in fiscal year 2011 alone — a price tag that makes welfare that year the government’s largest expenditure, according to new data released by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee.
The total sum taxpayers spent on federal welfare programs was derived from a new Congressional Research Service (CRS) report on federal welfare spending — which topped out at $745.84 billion for fiscal year 2011 — combined with an analysis from the Republican Senate Budget Committee staff of state spending on federal welfare programs (based on “The Oxford Handbook of State and Local Government Finance”), which reached $282.7 billion in fiscal year 2011.
The data excludes spending on Social Security, Medicare, means-tested health care for veterans without service-connected disabilities, and the means-tested veterans pension program.

Obama=welfare president moniker fits.

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,678 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

$3300 for every man, woman, child.

#3 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,728 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

If there was no overhead.

#4 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,110 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

But, but. but....Zod and CWG say we need to provide more entitlements to someone whose only requirement is to cash the check.

#5 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

great talking point for the next debate. Hopefully they'll have time to get to it.

#6 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

But, but. but....Zod and CWG say we need to provide more entitlements to someone whose only requirement is to cash the check.

Pie'd by mistake, but this line of reasoning is beyond ridiculous.

Do people abuse welfare , yep, and its a damn shame when they do.

But to sit back and act like EVERYONE who recieves benefits just has their hand out is stupid and divisive.

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,110 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Pie'd by mistake, but this line of reasoning is beyond ridiculous.

Do people abuse welfare , yep, and its a damn shame when they do.

But to sit back and act like EVERYONE who recieves benefits just has their hand out is stupid and divisive.

When the welfare recipients and spend are at these levels, it is a serious problem.

No, not all people abuse the system. But, the system does nothing to invent anyone to work hard, take personal accountability, and get off welfare.

Just because people chose to make personal decisions that lead to low paying jobs and unmarked able skills, it does NOT mean that others should support them.

People would rather take gov't assistance rather than work hard and low paying jobs.

I believe and support helping those who are busting their ass to help themselves.

Those who are not willing to work hard for an education or not get up every day and work whatever job they can find and/or are qualified for should get no sympathy from anyone.

People say that illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay because they work jobs that Amerixans won't. Well, remove all if the entitlements and generational support and US citizens will take those jobs. If they still won't, they are free to starve to death.

I am tired if thus mentality that someone else should be responsible to support those who are not willing to take accountability for their own lives.

#8 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Welfare spending rose 32% in Obama's four years?!?!?

Hey, at least it's better than the 39.1% rise during George W. Bush's first term.

http://www.usgovernm...Chart#copypaste

#9 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

When the welfare recipients and spend are at these levels, it is a serious problem.

No, not all people abuse the system. But, the system does nothing to invent anyone to work hard, take personal accountability, and get off welfare.

Just because people chose to make personal decisions that lead to low paying jobs and unmarked able skills, it does NOT mean that others should support them.

People would rather take gov't assistance rather than work hard and low paying jobs.

I believe and support helping those who are busting their ass to help themselves.

Those who are not willing to work hard for an education or not get up every day and work whatever job they can find and/or are qualified for should get no sympathy from anyone.

People say that illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay because they work jobs that Amerixans won't. Well, remove all if the entitlements and generational support and US citizens will take those jobs. If they still won't, they are free to starve to death.

I am tired if thus mentality that someone else should be responsible to support those who are not willing to take accountability for their own lives.

The entirety of the current welfare system is beyond ridiculous, I would wager that roughly 60% of people who have food stamps sell them for cash to buy drugs, I've been approached by people trying to do this at grocery stores five or six times in the last year.

In my opinion the problem with our current welfare system is the sense of entitlement it gives people that abuse it, they believe it is there right to mooch off the rest of us because there not willing to take the jobs that are available to them and work hard.

Ironically its the Liberals who tout evolution so much, well survival of the fittest doesn't have room for providing for those who are to lazy and ignorant to take care of themselves.

*I would like to state that I support welfare in the case of individuals who are disabled or actively trying to better themselves and become productive members of society and our economy.

#10 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Wow there are a lot of misconceptions in this thread

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,902 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I would wager that roughly 60% of people who have food stamps sell them for cash to buy drugs, I've been approached by people trying to do this at grocery stores five or six times in the last year.

HARD
HITTING
FACTS!!!

That I just made up.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,809 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hey Mad maybe I should just give you my account since your point on people knowledge skills are eerily so cool

#13 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,317 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

So madhatter is even against people having low paying jobs. I remember when he mocked me for making a comfortable living and paying taxes because some how being in the 90th % was supposedly shameful

#14 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

This summer, I played proxy for several people on WIC &/or food stamps. Anybody wanna take a guess at how much the grocery bill was per person without googling?

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,110 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

So madhatter is even against people having low paying jobs. I remember when he mocked me for making a comfortable living and paying taxes because some how being in the 90th % was supposedly shameful

You are categorically wrong again (as usual.....you make a fuging living at being consistently wrong and a complete fool).

I am against people who chose not to work (because the job is not "good enough" for them) and instead milk the entitlement system in this country.

I respect everyone who get their ass out of the bed every day and puts in a hard days work. What I have issue with are the millions who chose to sit on their collective lazy asses and draw a check paid for by the hard working Americans out there.

I believe that our Welfare Systems should be a Workfare System (something that your beloved Obama stripped from the program during his failed administration. Those receiving government support should be required to do SOMETHING productive to receive their "paycheck"....and no, no matter how much you want to support it, playing XBox all day is NOT productive. Pick up trash on the side of the road.....read to the elderly in a nursing home....work in the library (God knows they could use it because many are having to shut their doors). Do SOMETHING!!!!

If they are not willing to do that, then they are not deserving of help.....because it is NOT help, it is a generational means of support.

You and your idiot friends think that it is perfectly fine for more and more people to be "supported" by our tax dollars.....I do not.

I am still waiting for you to volunteer to have your taxes raised significantly to pay for these entitlement programs that you tout so diligently. But as usual (and like every other liberal fool), you just want to support it to make yourself feel good.....while expecting someone else to foot the bill.

Either be willing to step up and put your money where your big mouth is (and support raising YOUR taxes).....or just sit there in the corner and STFU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.