Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Welfare alone for 2011 largest budget item in FY 2011 at approx $1.03 trillion

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Again, name calling and personal insults are becoming a problem in this thread.

Argue like...well as close to adults as you can manage.

Posted

But if the mortgages were never turds to begin with....

True.

Should not have been applied for.

Applications should not have been accepted.

Certainly accepted ones should not have been bundled, sold, and then bet on to fail (successfully).

Posted

My wife and I had to go through assitance when we found out we were having an unplanned baby. She was still in college not working. I was working but didn't have health insurance. Needed help getting our feet back under us. We weren't prepared financially for the hospital bills we were about to have and caring for financially a baby. We worked and got our self back in position to not be a burden to everyone else. Haven't been on it for a while and were only on it for a short time period.

One thing we hated to see though was people with brand new luxury cars in the parking lot of the office. Top of the line cell phones. Expensive jewelry and clothing on. Have toddlers with them wearing expensive clothing and shoes. Peope living a entitled life waiting in line with us while we were living off a budget, working our ass of to be out the situation.

Won't go back to it either. Absolutely hate knowing at one point in my life I had to ask for help.

Posted

I heard somewhere that you could spread that $1.03t among those living below the poverty line and bring every single one above the poverty line for a year, thus "eliminating" poverty. But guess what, they would be right back in poverty the next year because it doesn't change the mindset. We've had this war on poverty for how many years now, and there is still people chronically in poverty. Some are legit on hard times, and I understand that. But to make it a lifestyle while I pay for it pisses me off.

1 person likes this

Posted

My wife and I had to go through assitance when we found out we were having an unplanned baby. She was still in college not working. I was working but didn't have health insurance. Needed help getting our feet back under us. We weren't prepared financially for the hospital bills we were about to have and caring for financially a baby. We worked and got our self back in position to not be a burden to everyone else. Haven't been on it for a while and were only on it for a short time period.

One thing we hated to see though was people with brand new luxury cars in the parking lot of the office. Top of the line cell phones. Expensive jewelry and clothing on. Have toddlers with them wearing expensive clothing and shoes. Peope living a entitled life waiting in line with us while we were living off a budget, working our ass of to be out the situation.

Won't go back to it either. Absolutely hate knowing at one point in my life I had to ask for help.

Your second paragraph is what's wrong with America. When did it become acceptable in America to work really hard to get ahead, but then once you do you are demonized? Someone is always going to have more than you, and whether they worked for it, or inherited it, it's their money. I hope to one day have that sports car, and expensive clothes. And if someone ever told me I should be ashamed for having nice things, I'd smack 'em upside the head.

Posted

Here's a discussion MH and I had in the DNC thread...this is the mindset.

There was a good discussion on small business success and hiring and he came out angry as ever. He not only hates the poor but also people not as successful as he is in life.

SO you are better off now than you were inn 2008.

Nope......I was better off in 2007-2009 than from 2008-2012.

So were all the Wall St-esque predators.

The country is far better off than where it was 4 years ago....as am I.

So because YOU are better off, everyone is. Shows how ignorant you really are.

Also...I don't work on Wall Street and don't even work for a bank. I am responsible for working with manufacturing operations to improve their throughput and efficiencies.

Keep spewing your party line crap.....that one that says you are evil if you have made a financial success out of your life. I guess we should all be envious of your mediocre earning potential and moderate success.

And LOOK EVERYONE the 1%ers/Republicans demonize and look down on anyone with a mediocre earning potential and moderate success. I apologize for not being as old as you as I am more likely ahead of where you were at 33....just saying.

My wife and I's combined income puts us in the 94 percentile but I guess if we don't have a materialistic sense of worth like you than we are considered failures. We hate everyone else's success.

Thank you for proving my point that you are the most ignorant poster on the huddle.

This is your republican party. Congrats.

Posted

You have insulted the middle class numerous times....

Anywho what do you say to the people who work their ass of everyday and stIll cant make ends meet? Are they leeches? Do you help them? Not everyone can make $250k a year. But people still need to make a living wage.

Paul Ryan went up against the teachers in Wisconsin who wanted more money. They made an average of $55k a year while the average salary in Wisconsin was $55k a year.

Your party hasn't looked out for the poor or middle class in a LONG time. You want Romney bc he is going to put more money in your pocket...tell me madhatter how many people are you personally going to hire if your taxes are dropped?

If you chose to enter a field that pays $55k a year, then you should not bitch about the fact that you only make $55k a year. And no, it is NOT my responsibility to supplement your income for the decision that you made.

You can throw pot shots at me for the amount that I make. But I worked my ass off in high school to get the grades I did to go to college. I worked my ass off in college to maintain the GPA that I did to get a great job. I worked my ass off in graduate school (while working full time and having a family) to maintain a 4.0 GPA, because I knew that is what it would take to reach my professional goals. I work 13-14 hours a day and don't sleep good at night because of stress to make the salary I do.

Until you are willing to do all of those things, don't talk to me about what those who don't do those things are ENTITLED TO or what I OWE them.

Personal accountability is just a concept that you refuse to understand.

People are responsible for their decisions and actions. It is as plain and simple as that.

And.....I am still waiting on you to volunteer a 10% tax rate increase on YOUR taxes to pay for these programs and entitlements that you support so vigorously.

Would you go out to dinner with friends and just expect the guy who makes more than you to pay for your meal just because he makes more money than you? I doubt it. Well, just because someone chose a career that pays $30k-$50k does not make it my responsibility to supplement their income with mine.

Don't want to make $55k a year....make personal decisions that enables you to EARN more. Not expect someone who did to redistribute their earnings to you.

Posted

Here's a discussion MH and I had in the DNC thread...

This is your republican party. Congrats.

Increase entitlement programs across the board....add new entitlement programs....just expect someone else to foot the bill.

This is your democrat party.....Congrats.

Still waiting for you to increase YOUR taxes.....but as usual you are silent on this. Much easier to point to someone else to foot the bill.

1 person likes this

Posted

Again demonizing the middle class because they didn't "work as hard" as you. lol

Posted

Increase entitlement programs across the board....add new entitlement programs....just expect someone else to foot the bill.

This is your democrat party.....Congrats.

Still waiting for you to increase YOUR taxes.....but as usual you are silent on this. Much easier to point to someone else to foot the bill.

I have no problem paying more taxes. None at all.

Posted

If you chose to enter a field that pays $55k a year, then you should not bitch about the fact that you only make $55k a year. And no, it is NOT my responsibility to supplement your income for the decision that you made.

You can throw pot shots at me for the amount that I make. But I worked my ass off in high school to get the grades I did to go to college. I worked my ass off in college to maintain the GPA that I did to get a great job. I worked my ass off in graduate school (while working full time and having a family) to maintain a 4.0 GPA, because I knew that is what it would take to reach my professional goals. I work 13-14 hours a day and don't sleep good at night because of stress to make the salary I do.

Until you are willing to do all of those things, don't talk to me about what those who don't do those things are ENTITLED TO or what I OWE them.

Personal accountability is just a concept that you refuse to understand.

People are responsible for their decisions and actions. It is as plain and simple as that.

And.....I am still waiting on you to volunteer a 10% tax rate increase on YOUR taxes to pay for these programs and entitlements that you support so vigorously.

Would you go out to dinner with friends and just expect the guy who makes more than you to pay for your meal just because he makes more money than you? I doubt it. Well, just because someone chose a career that pays $30k-$50k does not make it my responsibility to supplement their income with mine.

Don't want to make $55k a year....make personal decisions that enables you to EARN more. Not expect someone who did to redistribute their earnings to you.

payment for work is not redistribution of wealth regardless of how you spin it, nor is it an entitlement. You want capitalism? collective bargaining is a part of that, people have the right to fight for more money regardless of whether they work publicly or privately.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd love to make 55k a year.

Alas I am too stupid and lazy apparently.

Hatter I think I understand what you are trying to say, but you are coming off as that those that make lesser incomes want your money.

While this is true for many locked into the entitlement program societal trap, it is not true for the majority of the middle class.