#31 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,082 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

You have insulted the middle class numerous times....

Anywho what do you say to the people who work their ass of everyday and stIll cant make ends meet? Are they leeches? Do you help them? Not everyone can make $250k a year. But people still need to make a living wage.

Paul Ryan went up against the teachers in Wisconsin who wanted more money. They made an average of $55k a year while the average salary in Wisconsin was $55k a year.

Your party hasn't looked out for the poor or middle class in a LONG time. You want Romney bc he is going to put more money in your pocket...tell me madhatter how many people are you personally going to hire if your taxes are dropped?

If you chose to enter a field that pays $55k a year, then you should not bitch about the fact that you only make $55k a year. And no, it is NOT my responsibility to supplement your income for the decision that you made.

You can throw pot shots at me for the amount that I make. But I worked my ass off in high school to get the grades I did to go to college. I worked my ass off in college to maintain the GPA that I did to get a great job. I worked my ass off in graduate school (while working full time and having a family) to maintain a 4.0 GPA, because I knew that is what it would take to reach my professional goals. I work 13-14 hours a day and don't sleep good at night because of stress to make the salary I do.

Until you are willing to do all of those things, don't talk to me about what those who don't do those things are ENTITLED TO or what I OWE them.

Personal accountability is just a concept that you refuse to understand.

People are responsible for their decisions and actions. It is as plain and simple as that.

And.....I am still waiting on you to volunteer a 10% tax rate increase on YOUR taxes to pay for these programs and entitlements that you support so vigorously.

Would you go out to dinner with friends and just expect the guy who makes more than you to pay for your meal just because he makes more money than you? I doubt it. Well, just because someone chose a career that pays $30k-$50k does not make it my responsibility to supplement their income with mine.

Don't want to make $55k a year....make personal decisions that enables you to EARN more. Not expect someone who did to redistribute their earnings to you.

#32 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,082 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Here's a discussion MH and I had in the DNC thread...

This is your republican party. Congrats.

Increase entitlement programs across the board....add new entitlement programs....just expect someone else to foot the bill.

This is your democrat party.....Congrats.

Still waiting for you to increase YOUR taxes.....but as usual you are silent on this. Much easier to point to someone else to foot the bill.

#33 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,245 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Again demonizing the middle class because they didn't "work as hard" as you. lol

#34 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,245 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Increase entitlement programs across the board....add new entitlement programs....just expect someone else to foot the bill.

This is your democrat party.....Congrats.

Still waiting for you to increase YOUR taxes.....but as usual you are silent on this. Much easier to point to someone else to foot the bill.

I have no problem paying more taxes. None at all.

#35 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

If you chose to enter a field that pays $55k a year, then you should not bitch about the fact that you only make $55k a year. And no, it is NOT my responsibility to supplement your income for the decision that you made.

You can throw pot shots at me for the amount that I make. But I worked my ass off in high school to get the grades I did to go to college. I worked my ass off in college to maintain the GPA that I did to get a great job. I worked my ass off in graduate school (while working full time and having a family) to maintain a 4.0 GPA, because I knew that is what it would take to reach my professional goals. I work 13-14 hours a day and don't sleep good at night because of stress to make the salary I do.

Until you are willing to do all of those things, don't talk to me about what those who don't do those things are ENTITLED TO or what I OWE them.

Personal accountability is just a concept that you refuse to understand.

People are responsible for their decisions and actions. It is as plain and simple as that.

And.....I am still waiting on you to volunteer a 10% tax rate increase on YOUR taxes to pay for these programs and entitlements that you support so vigorously.

Would you go out to dinner with friends and just expect the guy who makes more than you to pay for your meal just because he makes more money than you? I doubt it. Well, just because someone chose a career that pays $30k-$50k does not make it my responsibility to supplement their income with mine.

Don't want to make $55k a year....make personal decisions that enables you to EARN more. Not expect someone who did to redistribute their earnings to you.

payment for work is not redistribution of wealth regardless of how you spin it, nor is it an entitlement. You want capitalism? collective bargaining is a part of that, people have the right to fight for more money regardless of whether they work publicly or privately.

#36 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

I'd love to make 55k a year.
Alas I am too stupid and lazy apparently.

Hatter I think I understand what you are trying to say, but you are coming off as that those that make lesser incomes want your money.

While this is true for many locked into the entitlement program societal trap, it is not true for the majority of the middle class.

#37 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hatter I think I understand what you are trying to say, but you are coming off as that those that make lesser incomes want your money.

You just summed up 90% of the republican party.

#38 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,637 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

While we're antagonizing Madhatter for a little bit, let me just say that it looks like I won't be paying federal taxes this year for the first time since joining the work force.

Thanks for paying my way, MH.

#39 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

You just summed up 90% of the republican party.

I would disagree.

But I am a backwards Fiscally Conservative/Socially Liberal Indy that leans right when he votes.

*headache*

#40 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,474 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I have no problem paying my fair share of taxes, the problem I have is the total incompetence at all levels of government in spending my and your monies...

Case in point... my wife is a teacher, mentioned that before here... the local school system got a grant from the feds to start a new tutoring program at under-performing schools... great idea right? Sure... but problem is, they blew the entire budget on the software they are going to use for the program and now can't afford to buy the workbooks that go with said software for the kids being tutored. So, they end up with half of a program and force the already underpaid teachers to make stuff up to go along with the software they are using. It's incredible that this stuff happens over and over and over in all levels of government. It's the "it's not my money" attitude people running these government programs have, and there's not oversight at all.

You can find examples just like this from everything to cities, state DOTs to Fed run welfare programs... so much money wasted by sheer incompetence, lack of planning and just general dumbassery.

#41 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Your second paragraph is what's wrong with America. When did it become acceptable in America to work really hard to get ahead, but then once you do you are demonized? Someone is always going to have more than you, and whether they worked for it, or inherited it, it's their money. I hope to one day have that sports car, and expensive clothes. And if someone ever told me I should be ashamed for having nice things, I'd smack 'em upside the head.

That would be fine if I was talking about those who worked really hard to get ahead. Instead of was talking about those in line for assistance with us yet could afford top of the line cars, expensive name brand clothing and purses. Pulling out the latest and greatest new cell phone. Im talking about the people who some how just hopped out of a brand new lexus at the assistance office wearing designer clothes with her toddler wearing brand new Jordans and designer clothes.

#42 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,701 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

I have no problem paying my fair share of taxes, the problem I have is the total incompetence at all levels of government in spending my and your monies...

So don't vote for the party that takes pride in saying the government is useless and loves proving it when elected.

#43 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,474 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

So don't vote for the party that takes pride in saying the government is useless and loves proving it when elected.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure both parties are damned good at proving that.

#44 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,082 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

payment for work is not redistribution of wealth regardless of how you spin it, nor is it an entitlement. You want capitalism? collective bargaining is a part of that, people have the right to fight for more money regardless of whether they work publicly or privately.

I was not referring to the teachers trying to negotiate for more money. I was referring to deciding to enter a low paying profession and then expecting others to supplement your income via government entitlement programs.

#45 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,082 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

I measure success by the number of people that you get OFF government support. Democrats measure success by touting the number of people that they are supporting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.