Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton: Carolina Panthers' season not 'a wash'

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Newton rolled out of the gate as a rookie in 2011, playing off of raw instinct to torch opponents and reset expectations for what a first-year quarterback could accomplish. Year two has seen increased indecision in the pocket and a lack of chemistry between Newton and his targets. He's appeared mortal, and so have the Panthers, but Newton hasn't lost hope ahead of Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

"I think it's a big challenge for everybody to see what we can do because everything is still possible," Newton told The Charlotte Observer. "The season is far (from) a wash. It's time for us to prove it. There's a lot of expectations going into this season. And for us to get the vibe going, and pick up the vibe for this whole season, it's just going to have to start this game."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000081788/article/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-season-not-a-wash

Lets get it Cam... The time is now, and we have to cease (edit: seize) the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing how we respond to injuries and a lackluster start to the season.

We knew that the first 5 weeks would be crucial when the schedule came out. Now it's time to see if we can bounce back and make history, or continue to falter... At 1 o' clock Sunday afternoon we'll see exactly where we're headed. With no expectations, I think I'm setting myself up to be surprised, one way or another.

2 people like this

Posted

Lets get it Cam... The time is now, and we have to cease the moment.

I think "cease-ing the moment" is what we have been doing so far this year. What we probably want to do now is "seize the moment".

Sorry, couldn't resist.

1 person likes this

Posted

impossible to premeditate a surprise there TCF... We will have answers come Sunday, thats for damn sure....

Posted

We've ceased many moments this season.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just trying to sell tickets for ole JR.

Posted

if gamble/beason is out it wont matter what cam does.

Posted

tcf is a wordsmiff

2 people like this

Posted

To cease or not to cease. That is the question.

1 person likes this

Posted

All losses out of the way, the winning starts Sunday.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think "cease-ing the moment" is what we have been doing so far this year. What we probably want to do now is "seize the moment".

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Alright alright I messed up.... I used the wrong "cease" it should have been seize...

We have definitely been known to cease up though... Lol

1 person likes this

Posted

I sees some big seas can you seize or will you cease

Posted

camnewton_birthdayexcited.gif